• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse First session

Rhenny

Adventurer
So the elders don't actively try to stop the PCs from investigating the tomb? That seems a bit odd to me. I would think they'd do something to try and stop their little secret from coming to light.
Basically, they are too weak. They just use their secret group, "the Believers" to influence political and policy decisions in Red Larch.

pukunui

Legend
Basically, they are too weak. They just use their secret group, "the Believers" to influence political and policy decisions in Red Larch.
OK, so once the PCs go down there, the elders accept that the game is up and resign themselves to their fate?

Rhenny

Adventurer
OK, so once the PCs go down there, the elders accept that the game is up and resign themselves to their fate?
it seems as if most of them are quite passive and still want to preserve their anonymity. The real threat is an earth cult guy who has manipulated some of them and gotten them to act more boldly. It seems ok to me, but I can see your concern. Plus, the adventure could give a little more guidance for roleplaying the NPCs involved. I still have to read it again to make sure I haven't missed anything.

pukunui

Legend
Rereading the AL version, it seems like the elders just sort of protest ineffectually but the townsfolk don't pay them much heed. They're more concerned with rescuing the kids than not angering these delvers that they've never heard of before. I take it questions are asked of the elders afterwards? Do some spill the beans, while others try to slip out of town in the night or something?

Rhenny

Adventurer
Rereading the AL version, it seems like the elders just sort of protest ineffectually but the townsfolk don't pay them much heed. They're more concerned with rescuing the kids than not angering these delvers that they've never heard of before. I take it questions are asked of the elders afterwards? Do some spill the beans, while others try to slip out of town in the night or something?
Yes. That's pretty much the conclusion. There are 3 elders who were in on a murder. Each reacts differently under interrogation, but they all tell about Larrakh, the earth cult priest. Then over the next months it says some Believers flee town.

Remove ads