Princes of the Apocalypse, the four prophets (Spoiler Alert)

Based on the air prophet picture above, I wonder if we're going to see the return of Murdock's feathery flyer spell :) (AD&D 2e Tome of Magic accessory) (although the membrane in the image does not seem to be covered in feathers :)) Regards.

Based on the air prophet picture above, I wonder if we're going to see the return of Murdock's feathery flyer spell :) (AD&D 2e Tome of Magic accessory) (although the membrane in the image does not seem to be covered in feathers :))

Regards.

halfling rogue

Explorer
This is actually having the opposite effect on me from some others in this thread. I was immediately struck by how fun this could be.

When I heard it was an elemental evil story, I was all 'eh'. I don't have any experience playing any of the Temple of Elemental Evil stuff, despite the popularity. I could care less if it is in Greyhawk or FR. So I'm completely and utterly ignorant of any elemental 'lore'. But as soon as I heard the structure for the storyline above (4 prophets 4 temples) I was drawn into it.

Like Prism, I'd love to see if each 4 were more or less self contained adventures.

Tommy Brownell

First Post
I've had an NPC Warlock in my Tyranny of Dragons campaign who worshipped Tharzidun (because I latched onto his name in the PHB)....now I'm wondering if I can't tweak this to bridge the two (albeit likely with new PCs, as restructuring it to START at level 15 or so would likely be a massive undertaking).

I'ma gettin' giddy.

Lord Kakabel

Explorer
I'll buy this (as well as the core rule books and Tyranny of Dragons) just as soon as they RELEASE THEM ALL ON PDF! Until I'll just sit here on this pile of money, waiting for them to give into my preferred format. DnDClassics was a success; they KNOW PDFs sell. After 4 editions and BECMI D&D, I have no more room for physical product.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I hope there will be rules for mechanical grafts too.
It's for 3E or 3.5E, but have you seen Monte Cook's Chaositech? It's a supplement book about grafting weird stuff onto creatures, weird weapons, and other weird weirdness. I recommend it to those who are interested in that sort of thing.

Back on topic: I would like to see an adventure where the tiefling is not evil. Is that too much to ask?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Giving away DM only info on the baddies is good marketing? Not the best idea IMHO.

I would have prefered that they were actual (male?) medusa and avarial, but we'll see. It could be a hit or a miss.

Last edited by a moderator:

lvl20dm

Explorer
In 5e, medusae are not exclusively female, but are the product of a divine curse. The earth prophet may be a victim of such a curse. He might even be this adventure's rough equivalent of Lareth the Beautiful.

I'd have put money on a blue, barnacle covered guy named Gar Shatterkeel being a genasi!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'll buy this (as well as the core rule books and Tyranny of Dragons) just as soon as they RELEASE THEM ALL ON PDF! Until I'll just sit here on this pile of money, waiting for them to give into my preferred format. DnDClassics was a success; they KNOW PDFs sell. After 4 editions and BECMI D&D, I have no more room for physical product.

If you have a pile of money, why not buy the book and then pay someone to take the book apart and scan it for you? That way you don't have to wait.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
The Teifling in Rise of Tiamat was not evil.
Ah, thanks. I haven't seen that module yet owing to the fact that I might play it.

Now I know a secret.
5-shhh.gif

Remove ads

Remove ads