D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse - What I learned from the Encounters PDF (spoilers)

Krypter

Explorer
Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast urges adventurers to remember that not all rock creatures are earth elementals. A talking rock that controls boulders is a galeb duhr. A talking rock wearing jewelry is a dao. A silent rock that’s resistant to non-adamantine weapons is a stone golem. A rock with wings is a gargoyle. A rock without a K is a giant bird. A rock that sits there and does nothing could be just a rock or a balor disguised by an illusion. In all cases, proceed with caution.

These are hilarious. D&D needs more humour like this, the early 1E DMG had some great stuff too.

Nebulous

Legend
Richard Baker also worked on Red Hand of Doom, which I think was the finest module to come out of 3rd edition. And then the exemplary Lost Mine of Phandelver. So I'm very excited to see what comes with this Princes adventure.

He also did Forge of Fury but I never read it and don't know anything about it.

Blackbrrd

First Post
Usually, I don't like mega-adventures/adventure paths, but this one actually looks to be good enough to buy/run anyway. I ran Red Hand of Doom, and it was fun.

transtemporal

Explorer
Wow, this seems really similar to Scourge of the Sword Coast. We just defeated the bloody princes of elemental evil, and now they're back.

Its like the MMO raid just reset itself. :D

Wow, this seems really similar to Scourge of the Sword Coast. We just defeated the bloody princes of elemental evil, and now they're back.

Its like the MMO raid just reset itself. :D

They did not have much to do with Scourge of the Sword cost. Some artifacts they made just mattered to the plot.

transtemporal

Explorer
They did not have much to do with Scourge of the Sword cost. Some artifacts they made just mattered to the plot.

Its like "Guys, can you take better care of those artifacts please? We went to a lot of trouble to get them off the bad guys, and within 2 days, they've already stolen them back."

Its like "Guys, can you take better care of those artifacts please? We went to a lot of trouble to get them off the bad guys, and within 2 days, they've already stolen them back."

Not at all. The Adventurer's feature nothing in common other then the Elemental Princes being name dropped in Scourge of the Sword Coast. None of the Artifacts in Scourge have anything to do with Princes of the Apocalypse. The Elemental Princes also had nothing to gain and had no involvement in the plot. You did not defeat them you defeated the Red Wizards who were using some Keys made by the Elemental Princes to make a portal to Thay.

Here they are in an active role with their cults and the villains of Princes have been gifted with weapons empowered by the Princes.

No artifacts were taken back from the Bad Guys. The Bad guys always had them.

transtemporal

Explorer
Not at all. The Adventurer's feature nothing in common other then the Elemental Princes being name dropped in Scourge of the Sword Coast. None of the Artifacts in Scourge have anything to do with Princes of the Apocalypse. The Elemental Princes also had nothing to gain and had no involvement in the plot. You did not defeat them you defeated the Red Wizards who were using some Keys made by the Elemental Princes to make a portal to Thay.

Here they are in an active role with their cults and the villains of Princes have been gifted with weapons empowered by the Princes.

No artifacts were taken back from the Bad Guys. The Bad guys always had them.

You sucked all the fun out of that man. Next you'll be telling me this is just a game, lol.

Remove ads