D&D 5E Princes vs Tyranny

Skyreach Castle is very much not a case of "enter a room, kill everything in there" if run properly. Rezmir might be encountered alone, or encountered with all his henchmen.

In the case of Sandesyl, it seems that the changing CRs of the game probably tripped Steve and Wolfgang up, but my adjustment to this was to have her sleeping during the day, and the party destroying her when she slept - after dealing with her minions. (Vampires were CR 7 during the playtest, btw).

Cheers!

Indeed running around the Castle avoiding Rezmir, Rath and Sandesyl (It was Night so she was active.) was what my party did. They eventually met with Blagothkus and managed to convince him that his idea was stupid and to help drive out the cultists. With the help of him and his ogre's they managed kill Sandesyl and most of the cultists. Rath and Jos escaped via feather fall while Rezmir joined Cloudchaser. The party confronted Cloudchaser with Blagothkus who was a major help in defeating him and Rezmir. Rezmir ending jumping off Skyreach with the box containing the dragon mask saying she was leaving her fate in the talons of Tiamat (I rolled damage for her drop and she managed to survive with 2 hit points. She was lucky as hell).

Overall it was great little capstone and they had managed to take Harizawn from Rezmir before her drop so the party was quite happy overall and had a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Remove ads