• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Printer Friendly Error

Nikosandros said:
I'm concerned about the lack of content on D&D Insider... why do we care about the authentication process? That's WotC problem, not ours. ;)
Actually, it is ours. If you buy a subscription and someone can easily hitch a ride using your login, it becomes your problem.

Ulorian said:
Actually, it is ours. If you buy a subscription and someone can easily hitch a ride using your login, it becomes your problem.

How? Are you saying that they can read stuff using my login (I don't care) or that they can post (that would be a problem) ?

Ken

hong

WotC's bitch
Nobody is going to hitch a ride using someone else's login. The process only authenticates the logon, not the session itself. Adding "&authentic=true" is completely independent of your user ID and every other user ID.

withak

First Post
Ulorian said:
Do you really think that, once subscriptions are actually available for purchase, the authorization process won't change?

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
And I'm not sure if they're aware of the Printer Friedly error. That's one that has just come up recently, from what I read on Gleemax. (I did only skim the posts, so I can't say for certain.)

They are. I myself know at least two people who notified them. So it's not a bug... it's a feature... :)

Callikah

First Post
the only problem i seem to have is that even though im signed into gleemax it refuses to acknowledge that im signed in wheni go on the forums even when i enter my login details on the forums sign in screen it still dosent update, its a good job i dotn actually care about the forum over there enough to want to post or i'd be pissed.

hong said:
Nobody is going to hitch a ride using someone else's login. The process only authenticates the logon, not the session itself. Adding "&authentic=true" is completely independent of your user ID and every other user ID.
Yes, but that's not what I said. I was responding to the general question: "Why should we care about authentication/authorisation issues?" raised by Nikosandros, and wasn't discussing this particular implementation of authentication.

Haffrung Helleyes said:
How? Are you saying that they can read stuff using my login (I don't care) or that they can post (that would be a problem) ?

Ken
I'm speaking generally here. It all depends on what you'll eventually be able to do with a DDI subscription. If it's just reading magazine articles, who cares. If it's posting, you should care, because someone could get you banned for posting inappropriate material. If it's accessing other features, it depends on what the feature does.

Remove ads