Problematic Character

Altharos

First Post
hi, i need 10 th level (for human, elf etc lv 10.. ex: lv 8 race drow or lv 10 race human) character for power play. i prefer asssassination character.(character to fight arena environment)

system 3.5 edition, point buy 45 and money spending limit 49000.

Hurry, pleasee!!!

Folly

First Post
I would advise against an assassin as per the class, since they make poor arena fighters.

Are there any restrictions on the type of arena fighter? (magic/ no magic, restriction on weapon/armor)

Jack Simth

First Post
Hmm....

Human Cleric-10; pick up a Candle of Invocation, so that you're casting as a Cleric-12 for the arena battle; also pick up a strand of Prayer Beads that includes a Bead of Karma, some fullplate, and a reach weapon (a Longspear, maybe).

Feats:
Extend Spell
Persistent Spell
Divine Metamagic(Persistent Spell)
Extra Turning
Extra Turning
Domains to flavor, but Planning nets you Extend Spell for free (netting you an extra feat slot for Extra Turning) and the Undeath domain grants Extra Turning as a bonus feat.

If permitted, before the fight, you do your buffing. prepare spells using the Candle, Invoke the bead of Karma (cast as Cleric-12, caster level 16!), then Persist the following spells:
Antilife Shell (so they can't approach you).
Righteous Might (So you can hit them from a loong ways off ... and so that you hit hard).
Divine Power (so you hit harder, and more often).
Certain spells you simply cast on your stuff:
Greater Magic Weapon (your mundane longspear is now a +4 longspear for the next 16 hours)
Magic Vestments (your mundane fullplate is now +4 fullplate for the next 16 hours)

Spells to keep prepared in case they're needed during the fight:
Air Walk (flight)
Freedom of Movement (in case of grapple monsters or combat controllers)
Protection From Energy (in case your opponent seems to favor elemental damage - this is unlikely to be needed)
Wind Wall (nothing more annoying than an archer)
Spell Resistence (you'll want this if you find out you're facing a caster).

Now, granted, a lot of this will depend on the specific rules of the arena.

Altharos

First Post
I would advise against an assassin as per the class, since they make poor arena fighters.

Are there any restrictions on the type of arena fighter? (magic/ no magic, restriction on weapon/armor)

No restriction. Assasin is poor for arena fighters but he use to hide skill or similar (ex: ninja ghost step) no melee damage from battle.

Jack u created nice cleric useful character. i can use it.

Another to be of the opinion avaible? (sorry my english some poor)

Altharos

First Post
I nearly finished my character.

Abilities:
Str: 16, Dex: 12, Con: 16, Int: 11, Wis: 20, Cha: 10.

Items:
Candle of Invocation
Strand of Prayer Beads (Bead of Karma)
Full Plate (Masterwork)
Spear of Retribution (Complete Divine): Once in a great while, Gruumsh flings a spear at a cleric he's annoyed with. If that cleric then atones for the transgression and keeps the spear, it becomes a spear of retribution. This +2 spear of returning becomes a +4 spear of returning whenever its wielder attacks someone who dealt damage to the wielder in the previous round. If the wielder received a critical hit in the last round from the target, the spear retribution, becomes a +5 keen spear of returning against that foe.

Feats:
Extend Spell
Persistent Spell
Divine Metamagic(Persistent Spell)
Extra Turning
Improved Initiative
Weapon Focus (Longspear)
Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longspear)

Domains: War and Strenght

Any Spells:

Righteous Might
Divine Power
Greater Magic Weapon
Magic Vestments
Air Walk
Freedom of Movement
Protection From Energy
Wind Wall
Spell Resistence
(i search new spell in complete divine)

Attack: Melee +10, Ranged +8

Spear of Retribution: +10 +2(magical) +4(GMW) = +16
Damage: 1d8 + 9

With a divine power; +22 attack, 1d8+12, +16 hp

Or righteous magic; +18 attack, 1d8+11, dmg reduction 9/evil (or good), +2 natural armor (Large size -1 armor and +4 to grapple), and +20 hit point.
Divine Power: +6 attack and +16 hp

Next round if character dealt damage foe spear become +4 and natural attack become +18, 1d8+11 (no spell)

This's good?:)

Jack Simth

First Post
1) You're playing a Cleric as a Fighter with buffs, not as a Cleric, when you're doing this build. You're not using any spells with saves, so the Wisdom score of 20 isn't needed. You could get away with a Wisdom of 16 without compromising anything at all (except later advancement - you'll want Wis-17 at 11th, Wis-18 at 13th, Wis-19 at 15th and above). Saved points go into Charisma, Strength, or Con.
2) The build changes based on the rules of the arena. If you've got "safe" rounds you can spend on buffing, you are (for the most part) better off trading Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, and Divine Metamagic(Persistent Spell) for Extra Turning, Quicken Spell, and Divine Metamagic(Quicken Spell), as you basically just need two or three buffs up, and with two rounds to prepare, Quicken spell lets you do that for less cost than Persistent Spell.

Altharos

First Post
1) You're playing a Cleric as a Fighter with buffs, not as a Cleric, when you're doing this build. You're not using any spells with saves, so the Wisdom score of 20 isn't needed. You could get away with a Wisdom of 16 without compromising anything at all (except later advancement - you'll want Wis-17 at 11th, Wis-18 at 13th, Wis-19 at 15th and above). Saved points go into Charisma, Strength, or Con.
2) The build changes based on the rules of the arena. If you've got "safe" rounds you can spend on buffing, you are (for the most part) better off trading Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, and Divine Metamagic(Persistent Spell) for Extra Turning, Quicken Spell, and Divine Metamagic(Quicken Spell), as you basically just need two or three buffs up, and with two rounds to prepare, Quicken spell lets you do that for less cost than Persistent Spell.

Persistent spell unnecessary. Before battle i can spend my spell on weapon and armor. Divine Matemagic and Quicken Spell combination useful. Ok i' m reduce my wisdom score 17. My abilities:

Str: 16, Dex: 12, Con: 18, Int: 10, Wis 17, Cha: 14

My Feats:
Quicken Spell
Divine Matemagic (Quicken Spell)
Extend Spell
Extra Turning
Extra Turning

Turn or Rebuke Undead: 13/per day

i can't use spear of retribution, my money not enough for it :( i have 9000 gp now.

Last edited:

Remove ads