• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Problems with Dragon and Dungeon Subscriptions in Australia

drachin

First Post
My Dragon 310 also did not show up, although I am in the States. However, I emailed Paizo and had a response by the next day that they were sending me 310 immediately. I received it last week in perfect condition, and am now a happy gamer chick!

Paizo Rocks!

:D

Takei

Explorer
Re: Subscription woes

Maggan said:
Hello!

I also have (had?) a problem with my subscription of Dungeon (august issue). I live in Sweden.

I also live in Sweden and have also had a problem with issue #101. They took a little longer replying to my mail so I sent a chaser which they replied to next day.

Did you get your September issue yet Maggan?

Re: Subscription woes

Maggan said:
Hello!

I also have (had?) a problem with my subscription of Dungeon (august issue). I live in Sweden. I mailed my query to the following address:

dungeon@pcspublink.com

I got a reply as soon as the time zones aligned, ie the next day. We'll see if my copy shows up in a few days.

So far they seem to be on the ball with this. At least when it concerns my case.

Another address to try is:

customer.service@paizo.com

Cheers!

M.

Hi Maggan,

I sent another e-mail today after I still hadn't received a reply to my first e-mail. This time I sent 3 copies, 1 to dungeon@pcspublink.com , 1 to dragon@pcspublink.com and 1 to customer.service@paizo.com

Amazingly I got a reply from Wade at customer service within an hour :eek: Didn't expect that! :D He said that they're waiting on some more stock to come in and that he'd send it out as soon as he got it.

I still don't know if that means that my magazines got lost in the mail, got missed in the original mailout or they just ran out of stock. (highly doubtful) In any case, at least I know now that I will get them eventually.

The quick reply has helped to change my attitude towards them slightly. Let's hope they don't take too long to get more stock in.

Bagpuss said:
Just to let you know the retail version of Dragon in the UK the DVD was Region 1, so you couldn't play it anyway. (Unless you know the hack for changing the Region encoding on your DVD player like I do).

My DVD is multi-regional so I can play DVD's from just about anywhere in the world. :D Not that it should really matter. It's the principle of the thing. I think that if you buy a subscription you should at least get everything that is included in the retail issues.

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
I'm having problems with my subscription too. I live in Canberra, and subcribed to Dungeon direct from Paizo (taking out the MilSims middle-man) in May this year, received my first copy (Issue #100) by air mail in June, and haven't heard anything since. I have e-mailed Paizo's customer service address three times. The first time I received a prompt response saying, "Sorry, I'm sending another copy of issue #101 to you right away". It never arrived. I sent the following this morning Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Hi,

Last week I sent the attached e-mail to you advising that I hadn't yet received copies of Dungeon magazine issues #101 and #102. Can you please acknowledge that you have received the e-mail, are sending me the missing magazines to the nominated address by courier, and are looking into why I don't seem to be getting them.

Many thanks,

Geoff K.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 6 August 2003 1:30 PM
To: 'customer.service@paizo.com'
Subject: Missing subscription (ctd.)

Hi,

I wrote last month to advise that I had not received Issue #101 of Dungeon Magazine, and you promptly responded (thanks) that you would send another out. I have not yet received that second copy. To add insult to injury, I have not now received Issue #102.

I noted on the first issue I received, which was Issue #100, that my postal address was basically correct but somewhat confusing, in that a few letters or numbers were missing (I cannot recall the exact details, as I have long since disposed of the envelope), and was pleasantly surprised that the issue had reached me successfully and quickly; perhaps the missing information in the address might be the source of the problem. When I last wrote to you, you advised that you had my postal address correct - however, perhaps your automated printing of the address might miss a few crucial letters or numbers. For the record, my full postal address, in Australia Post's preferred format, is:

xx

My subscription ID is xxxxxx.

You'd appreciate that a year's Dungeon subscription for an overseas subscriber is quite expensive (around AU$15 per magazine), so I'd really not like to miss out on any. Can you re-send to me (after checking the address printed) by post or Fed-Ex, Dungeon Magazine Issues #101 and #102.

Many thanks,

Geoff K.

In essence, I'm not sure that Paizo's automatic addressing machine can handle Australian addresses - perhaps 4-digit "zip codes" make it spit. Still waiting for the FedEx envelope to turn up, tho'.

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

Arawyn

Sci-Fi Newshound
I signed up FOR DRAGON and DUNGEON on the paizo website on MaY-16 (IIRC).

I heard there was a large demand so I just waited.
Here is a rundown of my efforts in sorting this problem out and trying to understand what is going wrong.

Note the dates between emails, reponse times have been pathetic.

After a month I received a letter saying there was problems with my credit card.
I was told this was fixed by the rep at (Dragon@pcspublink.com).
(My card expired two weeks after I "signed up", they tried to charge my card almost a month after I tried
to subscribe).

On June-18, I gave the rep the new expiry date.

On June-24, Rep told me the issues Dragon 310, and Dungeon 101 would be posted out shortly.

On July-14, I saw no charge on my Credit Card statement and no issues and I emailed the Rep asking what was wrong

On July-25, I got a response that the Rep hoped I would get the issues shortly and the credit card
was charged on Jul-24.

On July-29, I emailed back that I had received nothing as of yet.

On July-30, the Rep said she would send them again.

On Aug-1, I got a Post Office Box (in case something funny is going, not that I have problem with my other five magazine subscriptions) and emailed my change of address details (see below).

On Aug-8, I called the Paizo offices and left a voicemail asking what is happening.

On Aug-10 I emailed again asking what is happening?

On Aug-11 I check my new statement and still no transaction for subscription.

Sick and tired of this and not getting the truth from PCS I looked up Erik Mona's email address here and he forwarded me to Paizo's CS team.

I was told they will be handling subscriptions and are not using PCS anymore.

I was told to subscribe again and got an error when trying to do so. I emailed the CS team at Paizo back (two days ago) and have not recieved a response.

Personally I am sick of the lies and excuses, but there is a new team working on it now and I will give them the benefit of the doubt (despite still not being ANY closer to a magazine).

I hope I don't get burnt again...

regards,
Arawyn

ayrwind

First Post
Singapore

This unpleasant news allow me to feel a little relieved in the sense that I know I am also not alone. Living in Singapore, I have subscribed to Dragon and Dungeon for around 4-6 months (cant remember), and the issues have been arriving on time, but i have yet to receive last month's issues and this month also. The magazines have arrived at the newsstands, and of course im also not too pleased.

Perhaps we can write some mass letter or petition to draw more attention to this...

Eternalknight

First Post
Strange that subscribers in Oz didn't recieve the demo DVD... I picked up 309 at the news agent yesterday and it came with the DVD. Haven't watched it yet, but will do so tonight (I have a multi-region DVD player).

Eternalknight said:
Strange that subscribers in Oz didn't recieve the demo DVD... I picked up 309 at the news agent yesterday and it came with the DVD. Haven't watched it yet, but will do so tonight (I have a multi-region DVD player).

My FLGS sells Dragon and they also come with the bonus DVD. However my subscription did not. I cannot for the life of me figure that one out :confused: As I stated above, I also have a multi-region DVD player and could have watched the DVD if I got it. :(

Eternalknight

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:

My FLGS sells Dragon and they also come with the bonus DVD. However my subscription did not. I cannot for the life of me figure that one out :confused: As I stated above, I also have a multi-region DVD player and could have watched the DVD if I got it. :(

Got me stumped.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads