• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Professor Lampwick's Flying Goon Squad (A Thrilling Adventure)

Buk

First Post
beast of beastliness

The thumping sounds gradually grow louder, their rhythm suggesting that whatever this creature is, it's walking, not running. When it draws near, MS and CD notice two odd things: the night birds have fallen silent, and the large thumps aren't accompanied by the usual sounds of something crashing through the trees. Just very heavy footfalls.

After a few moments, a lizardlike head slinks itself into the clearing. Its silvery-green head is slightly reflective, offering natural camouflage, and perched at the end of a long, muscular neck. The beast moves fully into the clearing, opening its powerful jaws slightly and sniffing at the air. (You also notice it only has two legs, and a long, whiplike tail.) It the course of its sniffing, it appears to notice both MS and FP, and apparently decides MS looks tastier.

FP, it seems you didn't have time to wake Pleasius, and amazingly he seems to be sleeping through the whole event (unless, of course, he wakens) . Stegn's blanket is empty, and he is nowhere in sight.

"Rraaarrrrrrrr!" says the beast, as it begins its charge toward MS.

Last edited:

Fou Pow!

First Post
OOC: Couple questions - what's the initiative order, and where are we in relation to the lizard beast? If you're so inclined, I think you could draw a crude map in MS Draw, or even Word or PowerPoint, and attach it to a post for us to look at.

Man of Science

First Post
Ah! Huzzah! I will salivate a bit (as the only meat MofS eats is reptile and fish meat--animals with the highest survivability and strength that can be digested and used by men).

I'll let fly that Blindness spell (which won't stop a creature with "Scent" but it should slow him down a bit and make our jobs easier anyway). Fort negates, DC 20 (hell, yeah!)

Then I will try to move back and prepare Ghoul Touch. If I can still cast it this round--that is, if Blindness was "readied"--then I will cast it, too. If not, I will back off and cast it next round (I'll cast defensively if need be--Concentration/Combat Casting +17). Ghoul Touch: Fort negates, DC 20, failure=paralyzed for 1d6+2 rounds. My touch attack is +4.

Man, oh man . . . I can't wait to eat that thunder-lizard!

Man of Science

First Post
Oh, and if it claws me I will only get pissed, while if it bites me I will squeel, high-pitched, like a little girl getting pinched really hard.

. . . map? . . . just kill the danged thing, Fou Pow!. I'll haste you next turn if things don't look good for us.

Buk

First Post
Initiative order:
CD
MS
beasty
FP
Pleasius (if he wakes up)
Stegn (if he appears)

This is the clearing, with the trail running through it and surrounded by woods. The map is approximately 80' across. Beyond the edges, the woods become very dense (except along the trail).

Attachments

• map of clearing.jpg
    map of clearing.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 53

Man of Science

First Post
Oh. . . okay. :eek: Buk's super cool to actually make a map. Excellent Lizard, by the way, I felt like I was right there looking at it.

Where'd Steign go? Well, you know what they say: Nothing get's rid of a Steign as fast as a scary, giant gnome-devouring lizard beastie.

Fou Pow!

First Post
Well, since the leeeezard will have charged MofS by the time I can move, I'll charge the leeeezard myself, flying through the air and kicking him upside his walnut-sized brain with my Boots of Ass-Kicking. (From the looks of the not-at-all-crude map, I should be able to make a beeline for the leeeezard and miss the campfire by a hair or two.)

And unless something unforeseen happens, next round I'm going to take a swig o' hooch (+2 Str, -2 Int) and belt the leeeezard upside the head with my chain, two-handed style.

BRING IT OOOOONNNNNN, LEEEEEEEEEZARD!!!!!!

Last edited:

Remove ads