D&D 5E Proficiency in Every Skill

WaywardWaffle

First Post
With the release of the Mystic take 2, it's officially become possible to get every skill proficiency, as well as 6 expertise'd skills. Here is how:

Half elf: Nature and Religion
Entertainer Background: Acrobatics, Performance
Level 1 choose bard, choose Sleight of Hand, Animal Handling, Athletics
Level 2-3 choose bard of Lore, choose deception intimidation and persuasion, choose expertise in any of those
Level 4 choose cleric of knowledge, prof in Arcana and History and Expertise in both
Level 5 choose rogue, choose insight, gain expertise in any skills
Level 6 choose mystic order of the awakened, choose investigation and medicine
Level 7 choose ranger, pick Perception
Level 8-14 Choose Barbarian Totem Warrior, Aspect of the Beast choice Tiger, choose Stealth and Survival (SCAG)
Level 15-20 Choose Rogue, choose any to gain expertise

Really you could stop at level 7 and have a damn good number of skills with plenty of levels to focus on a class, but if you really want to skill focus you gotta get those barbarian levels.

Now go, munchkin to your heart's content.

Last edited:

Colder

Explorer
I think that if you chose Rogue first over Bard, you could skip the level in Ranger. Or keep the level in ranger, learn the Mind Vault discipline for Mystic, and use those two to learn the skills you would have learned with Barbarian.

Of course, the real problem with this is that you need to have 13s in every ability score except for Constitution for this to work.

WaywardWaffle

First Post
Oh duh I completely forgot about Warlock invocations, I'm certain there's a way to get all skills at lower level with those and probably avoid the Barbarian dip.

Fralex

Explorer
Yes, this has been done before--

2400 Things Mr. Welch Can No Longer Do in an RPG, #2292:
"Even if the rules allow it, I can't have proficiency in every skill by level 6."

(For reference, #2291 was "Even if he is "a mysterious entity whose nature is utterly foreign to the fabric of reality" Andy Kaufman does not count as a Great Old One," and #2293 was "No casting Guards & Wards in the houses of people who annoy me.")

If it requires Multiclassing, then it's all down to DM discretion anyway, so you might as well just ask the DM to let you build a single class that gets the relevant class features without all of this extra bookkeeping.

Remove ads