• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #1)

Calinon

First Post
Mimic said:
"Dude, Jaya says she wants you on a table, right now."

The sudden wake up call causes Tyrone to rock violently in the hammock, spinning upside down. He stops himself an instant before hitting the ground face first, turning his head to look at Miguel through his sunglass shielded eyes. "Yo, man. Little consideration for a brother. I could have been hurt, or worse, embarassed."

He floats to the verticle and touches down, picking his coat up with his powers and slinging it over his shoulder. He takes off his sunglasses and rubs his eyes, still dull from lack of, and interrupted, sleep, and wanders around the front of the house. He passes through the kitchen and enters the living room yawning.

"Yo, it's about time," he says, stretching again and tossing his jacket onto a chair. He takes off his shirt and tosses it on top of his jacket, setting his sunglasses on top of his shirt. Finally, he hops up on the table. As he lays down, he says, "Last time you had me on an operating table, bad things happened."

After the short operation he sits up and pulls on his shirt and replaces his sunglasses. Standing, he puts on his trenchcoat. "Do I get to keep the little piece of brain?" he says somewhat jokingly as he picks up the chip that was in his head. He holds it up and looks at it carefully. "I gotta get a better look at this."

As he holds it up, he pauses and looks past the chip at Sarah. "Hey yo, your blue is running," he says, tapping the side of his face in front of his left ear. When Jaya asks him to send someone else in, he exits the kitch, and seeing Kiro in an upset state, notices Sam across the farmyard and shouts, "Yo, babe, Jaya wants you next!"

Calinon

First Post
Calinon said:
"I gotta get a better look at this."

Calinon re-enters the kitchen. "Yo, Auntie. You gots a computer around here? And maybe a magnifying glass and a needle or two? Oh, and some tweezers and maybe a bit of wire, thin stuff? Time to see what's on this baby," he finishes, holding up the chip. "And maybe find out who did this to us."

ABILITY: Tyrone will be using his computer skills (14/11) and anything else applicable, to discover what exactly is on his chip. I'm guessing that since this is the future, and computers are already an integral part to most farmer's business' that a computer with internet capability will be present. Along with this, he'll use his gather knowledge ability (4) along with science (3) and computers (14/11) to attempt to determine not where the chip came from.

Agamon

Adventurer
"That's quite a story, young man," Judy says to Max, as she begins to clear the table. "And you're very welcome." She looks at Tyrone and gathers a few items from around the kitchen. Well, I have tweezers and needles, but no magnifying glass or thin wire, I'm afraid. The computer is in the den, through the living room and on the right at the other end. Help yourself to it."

As Kiro leaves, Steven says, "Hey, I got nothing against you guys. Not like my friend Alan's mom, who's trying to start a chapter for that CAVEAT anti-elite group in Trenton. She even went to that pro-elite registration demonstration last month in Denver. She's pretty religious, thinks elites are the devil's work, or some crazy crap. If she knew you guys were here, she'd blow a gasket." He grins at that thought.

"We've known Jaya since her parents brought her home from the hospital as a baby. She's good people, and if you're her friends, that's good enough for us," Gerald says. "And God help you if those damned suits in Washington are trying to find you. I'm not suprised that they stuck you in a lab, not surprised at all."

OOC: Cumputer check 29: Tyrone, the chip needs constant power to keep its information, all info on it is now lost. By the looks of it, that type of chip was probably made either in California or Washington state. The extact company that made it is unknown, but it's not unlike similar chips that Vanguard used when you worked there.

Calinon

First Post
Done with the chip, Tyrone will start flipping through the websites devoted to him to see what the buzz on Tyroc is, esepcially in the wake of the escape from the facility. He's especially interested in the "Official" site at www . tyrocspad . com, the site Luthor sponsors through a grant, where Tyroc often posted on the message boards to his fans.

Last edited:

Elementor

First Post
Calinon said:
Calinon re-enters the kitchen. "Yo, Auntie. You gots a computer around here? And maybe a magnifying glass and a needle or two? Oh, and some tweezers and maybe a bit of wire, thin stuff? Time to see what's on this baby," he finishes, holding up the chip. "And maybe find out who did this to us."

"I so want to see this!!!" Aaron starts shoveling all the food on his plate into his mouth as fast as he can then mutters a "Tank fu" as he rushes out after Tyrone.

ooc: Aaron will be assisting Tyrone if that is possible (Computer +10)

Just before leaving the room Aaron leans back and says, "By the way Max, the Minotaur was never a demi-god. I'll tell you his origin soon but I wouldn't want to embarass you in front of our hosts." With a smirk Aaron follows Tyrone.

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
Done with the chip, Tyrone will start flipping through the websites devoted to him to see what the buzz on Tyroc is, esepcially in the wake of the escape from the facility. He's especially interested in the "Official" site at www . tyrocspad . com, the site Luthor sponsors through a grant, where Tyroc often posted on the message boards to his fans.

The internet is certainly buzzing. Rumors from "Tyroc has joined Pantheon" to "Tyroc wasn't helping the terrorists, he was fighting them" to "That wasn't Tyroc". One thing is for certain, fans are excited at the prospect that their favorite elite is back from exile.

Master_Pugs

First Post
*Snap* Emotions uncontrolled create turmoil
*Snap* Always brace yourself against the fires of your heart
*Snap* Through strength of soul, you can divert the flames
*Snap* Discipline can make a man more then a man
*Snap* Strike when your mind urges not your heart
*Snap* The moment is all, but fear not the future
*Snap* A virtuous soul must always be honoured
*Snap* An innocent soul must never be allowed to fall

Kiro concentrates on his breathing as he lets another kick fly, rending the air like a whip with a satisying sound. The mantra he's known for 10 years or more, it is both all he hears and completely unheard as he rotates his stance and lashes out at nothing with a vicious palm strike. Emotion flowing into his soul and heating it, then flowing out with each strike. Ebbing with his breath, never stronger or weaker but always in motion. He turns and with a sharp cry he leaps and spins midair, his leg ripping through the air at head level as he completes the turn and lands gently. The mantra repeats, driving all thought out as he breathes in once more, readying his next motion.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Master_Pugs said:
Ebbing with his breath, never stronger or weaker but always in motion. He turns and with a sharp cry he leaps and spins midair, his leg ripping through the air at head level as he completes the turn and lands gently. The mantra repeats, driving all thought out as he breathes in once more, readying his next motion.

Miguel watches Kiro proceed through his kata

"Man this guy's head is going to explode before he hits 30.

*Clap, Clap, Clap*

Miguel applauds as Kiro comes to the end of the routine.

"Good job, that piece of air will never bother anyone again."

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
The internet is certainly buzzing. Rumors from "Tyroc has joined Pantheon" to "Tyroc wasn't helping the terrorists, he was fighting them" to "That wasn't Tyroc". One thing is for certain, fans are excited at the prospect that their favorite elite is back from exile.

Tyroc accesses his account on the Tyroc's Pad message boards and starts typing.

Post Subject: There Is No Spoon

Yo, brothers and sisters. Reports of my death have been greatly exagerated, as anyone watching the news in the last 24 hours can tell.

Let's get this out of the way to start; I am not a terrorist. I have not joined Pantheon or the Triad or any other evil organization.

Now, for what happened.

A few months ago, I was suckered. I fell into a trap designed just for me, I got my ass kicked and when I woke up, I was locked in a cell with my powers nullified. Military looking guards brought food, and over the next few weeks, more prisoners who were elites. Every few days, I was taken from my cell to a medical chamber, where I was strapped down to a table, where tests were done, injections given and other... less pleasent events took place.

Yesterday, one of the doctors, who also turned out to be an elite, found a conscience. She let us out. Out of our cells, our powers returned, and we used them to escape what turned out to be government facility. We incapacitated a trio of guards, blew up a small platoon of robots and threw two attack choppers to the ground on our flight down the mountain. Our escape went with nearly no opposition. We did get pulled over by a state trooper, and we had to knock him out and leave him tied up in his car, but beyond that, we didn't hurt a soul.

Lots was explained to me as we fled the facility. First, it's a government research facility. They experiment with diseases and operate classified research involving Elites. A doctor named MacDermott was in charge of the project, at least on the base, but some company was funding him, along with government backing. The project was named "Daedalus" and after months of being experimented on and held against my will, it's time to find out what this is about and reveal their plans to the world.

I was never asked to participate in this. I was abducted. So were the others I escaped with, save for the doctor that helped us escape. But I'll be damned if I sit back and let them subject me to that treatment again.

What will happen next, I don't know. They'll probably be sending someone after us, so I will be on the move shortly. I've always been one of the good guys and still am, despite what the press is being lead to believe. So far, we've managed to avoid hurting anyone. I dread the prospect of having to hurt anyone serving this country. I only hope that we can get to the bottom of this without any bloodshed.

I may be on the front lines, but you readers are the ones who can help. Right now you are being force fed information with no evidence. Now I've given you, and the world, two names, "MacDermott" and "Daedalus." Given how quickly those involved concocted a story, it won't surprise me if they attempt some elaborate cover up, attempting to further frame me as a terrorist.

I love my country; any of you following my career will know that. I've always fought the good fight, and I don't even have financial backing like AF does. But I won't win this fight alone. Each of you can help.

Investigate. Question. Think. Bring this to the attention of people you know.

And don't believe everything you see on TV.

Tyroc

Tyroc posts his message, then starts surfing through news stories on them to find out just what they are being accused of.

The Minotaur

First Post
"By the way Max, the Minotaur was never a demi-god. I'll tell you his origin soon but I wouldn't want to embarass you in front of our hosts." With a smirk Aaron follows Tyrone.

Max just smiles back and says... "Of course the Minotaur isn't a Demi-god, I am! That brute isn't me though... I thought I made it clear that I call him down from an alternate dimention. I guess that ability makes me what you westerners call "Elite" but my family and friends no me as a god among mere men." He then smriks at the rest who are present at the table, "And who am I to argue with them?"

Remove ads