• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #1)

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro bellows at the top of his lungs, "You heard the man, they're engaging, it seams running is no longer an option, fighting good guys or not, if we don't defend ourselves we'll be going back to hell!"

Kiro's brow unfurrows as a light seams to manifest into a barrier surrounding him, he stretches out his arm as a blindingly bright blade shimmers into existense in his hand. His face emotionless, the mantra coursing through his mind, his left eye becomes almost like a small sun, giving off tangible light like smoke. Kiro seams to grow in size, muscles bulging as a small confident grin breaks his emotionless face.

"Who are you to judge right and wrong! You who dance like marionettes to the strings of a corrupted government! Do you sleep well knowing that today you fight souls as pure as your own if not more so!! Come, test the mettle of my heart and fall before it, puppets!!!" Kiro shouts in a voice sounding nothing like his own as he follows Minotaur's charge, blade held high and eyes scanning.

(OOC) Activating force field, and Light Control: Creation and also Boosting if he has time, his next "turn" he'll charge... Again, I'll edit if there's no time for it all.

Calinon

First Post
The Minotaur said:
The Minatour looks a Jaya lying near the van. "Ahh they have one of those damned mind people with them that brought me down in Russia," he then looks at everyone cuddled in the van. "Damn you people better get your asses out of that van before I come and drag you out of there myself! We ain't running from no American pigdogs."

The Minotuar starts to run towards the aerodyne.
Master_Pugs said:
Kiro bellows at the top of his lungs, "You heard the man, they're engaging, it seams running is no longer an option, fighting good guys or not, if we don't defend ourselves we'll be going back to hell!"

"Who are you to judge right and wrong! You who dance like marionettes to the strings of a corrupted government! Do you sleep well knowing that today you fight souls as pure as your own if not more so!! Come, test the mettle of my heart and fall before it, puppets!!!" Kiro shouts in a voice sounding nothing like his own as he follows Minotaur's charge, blade held high and eyes scanning.
"Ya know something," Tyone says to Aaron, Sarah and Miguel, exasperated. "There might have been a reason those two were locked up." He pauses a minute to collect his thoughts before continuing.

"Aaron," he says, looking back into the SUV. "If you can do something to block the house from sight, it'd be great. Maybe a wall or something. And remember, if someone from AF or someone you don't know appears or comes at you, don't hold back. Well, try not to kill them anyway."

He turns to the open van door. "Sam, watch your tail. Miguel uh... watch that tail you are about to grow!" he manages a surprisingly confident chuckle. "Try to stay together," he says to everyone.

Finally, he crouches down next to Sarah and Jaya. "Don't be afraid to leave us behind, Sarah," he says quietly and seriously, using her name for the first time. "Maybe with my fame and an honest attempt to stop anyone from getting hurt, Screaming Eagle will be willing to listen."

OOC: Edited to wait on initiative.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"Aaron," he says, looking back into the SUV. "If you can do something to block the house from sight, it'd be great. Maybe a wall or something. And remember, if someone from AF or someone you don't know appears or comes at you, don't hold back. Well, try not to kill them anyway."

Just make sure It's not me.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Round One

Maps
A large map of the area and a smaller, more focused one are at the site (I'm not attaching them here because poor Morrus is having enough bandwidth problems as is): http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/pjd/maps.htm

Initiative: Cheetah: 31, Screaming Eagle: 22, Mimic: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Blonde Elite: 16, Elementor: 15, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Minotaur: 12, Sarah: 3

Sam finishes pulling a a shirt on and buttons her pants before opening the van door.

A door opens on the aerodyne and a woman everyone recognizes as Screaming Eagle flies out, heading for the house. "Hurry up, they'll have seen the areodyne." she shouts back.

Screaming Eagle: Double move with flight, she's 10 feet off the ground, but still about 700 feet from the house area.

Miguel jumps from the SUV, runs for the van, sees Sam standing there and points at her. His form swiftly changes shape to that of Sam's half-cat form.

Mimic: Move half action ot the van and successful Mimic of Cheetah (Ranged attack 13 vs DC 12, no Will save attempted).

"Well, geez, wait up, Eagle," Jersey Devil shouts as he flies from the Aerodyne, trying to keep up with his leader.

Jersey Devil: Sprint with Flight, near Screaming Eagle

I'll wait for Elementor's actions before continuing

Calinon

First Post
OOC: Better, now that I have an initiative thingy to work with :)

"And here they come," Tyrone says with a shake of his head. "I'll... do something. At least I can try to prevent the two psycho foreigners from getting killed."
POWER: Invoke my force shield and sprint past Kiro and Minotaur, trying to put myself between the AF members and the two bloodthirsty foreigners, ending up facing Kiro and Minotaur, hands outstretched towards them, pulsing with power. (Force Field (8), Run (8) sprint speed)

The Minotaur

First Post
"What the hell are you doing?" yells the angry beast. "We can take them if we hurray, if you fight against us, then all that tells me is YOU want to go back to that place. And if you want to go back, you are with them. And if you are with them, you are against me!"

ooc: on my turn I am charging the first person out of the American Freedom aerodyne. If Tyroc gets in my way then he will be the one charged.

ooc: if Tyroc's force field is a kenetic or physical attack, I will absorb it. Absorbtion 6

Attack: Charge - Natural Weapon (horns) 3 stunt: Penetrating Attack (x3)

Agamon

Adventurer
OOC:Now, now. This fight is potentially dangerous enough without you guys doing each other in. I know Mino's hot-headed, but Tyrone isn't big enough to really get in your way so you can go around him if need be. You also might notice on the map that you won't make the aerodyne too quickly as it's pretty far away, and there's two fences in the way. Are you going through or over them?

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
OOC:Now, now. This fight is potentially dangerous enough without you guys doing each other in. I know Mino's hot-headed, but Tyrone isn't big enough to really get in your way so you can go around him if need be. You also might notice on the map that you won't make the aerodyne too quickly as it's pretty far away, and there's two fences in the way. Are you going through or over them?
OOC: Ignore my previous actions. I wasn't thinking based on a standard initiative system. Thinking on it like a D&D session, I'll announce my actions at my turn in the order since everyone else's actions up to that point will affect what I do (such as Aaron's ability to see the fellow and subsequent violent attack).

Last edited:

Elementor

First Post
"Whats going on??! Why are American Freedom attacking us and that guy that attacked the Doctor was Random from those mercs Evolution! Oh man I don't like this....."

Aaron appears to have tears running down his cheeks as he hops from the car crying, "Get away from her! Just stop it! STOP IT!!!!"

Aaron bursts into flame and flys towards Random unloading a firebolt at the invisible man.

Power: Energy Field is up granting flight, forcefield and energy blast. I will be completely engulfed in flame. Aaron will use a Hero point to reroll this Energy Blast attack if necessary.

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
OOC: Ignore my previous actions. I wasn't thinking based on a standard initiative system. Thinking on it like a D&D session, I'll announce my actions at my turn in the order since everyone else's actions up to that point will affect what I do (such as Aaron's ability to see the fellow and subsequent violent attack).

OOC: Well, while that sounds prudent and makes sense, it could make combat last a looooong time if everyone waited for their init. All you need to do state your intent. If you change your mind before your init comes up, you can edit, and if the action is no longer do-able when your turn comes up, I'll wait and let you change it. Otherwise, this could go on for some time...

And Elementor, "if necessary" isn't good enough, I need a number or lower that you'll want to reroll at. You can't know the results of your roll before choosing to reroll. Okay enough of this OOC stuff.

Last edited:

Remove ads