• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #1)

Deva

First Post
Agamon said:
OOC: Those are both attacks, Deva, you can only attack once per round.

OOC: I'll get this game sooner or later. Previous post has been editted to correct the oversight.

Elementor

First Post
Still on round 3, was just waiting to see the effect of my not using the hero point on the mental attack.

Aaron uses a hero point to shake off the stun effect and will be changing back to Flame form. Using extra effort (yes I know I will get fatigued from this) Aaron will blast an AoE fireball to encompas Strafe, any Randoms I see over there and if possible (but I doubt it) Sandstone. I will try to aim to do as little damage as possible to the house.

Agamon

Adventurer
Elementor said:
Still on round 3, was just waiting to see the effect of my not using the hero point on the mental attack.

Aaron uses a hero point to shake off the stun effect and will be changing back to Flame form. Using extra effort (yes I know I will get fatigued from this) Aaron will blast an AoE fireball to encompas Strafe, any Randoms I see over there and if possible (but I doubt it) Sandstone. I will try to aim to do as little damage as possible to the house.

OOC:No, you're not Stunned, you just took a Stun hit, meaning a non-lethal hit. (They could've used less confusing terminology). So the effect is just a hit, or a wound, if you like. You're okay, but he's still in your head.

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Three, con't
Maps

Initiative: Cheetah: 31, Screaming Eagle: 22, Strafe: 22, Mimic: 18, Sandstone: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Random: 16, Elementor: 15, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Minotaur: 12, Neutron: 9, Sarah: 3

Aaron changes from his earthen form and raises his fire sheath once more, sending a huge ball of flame towards the three standing near the tree, which erupts into an inferno, engulfing the targets. Strafe, caught by surprise, jumps back and crouches down, sheilding him head from the flame with his arms, not looking much worse for wear afterwords. The Randoms, however, take the brunt of the attack, both falling down and screaming in pain as they catch fire. The tree standing near the house also catches fire.

Ref saves: Strafe fails (15), Invis. Random succeeds (17), Attacking Random succeeds (20) vs DC 16. Damage saves: Strafe succeeds (24 vs DC 21), Inv. Random fails (3 vs DC 18), Attacking Random fails (15 vs DC 18) Aaron uses an HP to negate Fatigue.

Kiro is up

Last edited:

The Minotaur

First Post
ooc: I am 25 feet away from Jersey Devil. As my attack I will get as close to him as possible. When I am within charging range, I will jump into the air and charge Devil. That'll probably take 2 turns.

Calinon

First Post
Agamon said:
Strafe, his back to the farmhouse, looks down at a devise he's holding. "Goddamit, they removed the implants!" he says to himself. Dropping the device. He jumps out in front of the house. He wears the smae dark uniform as Random and he carries an AK-47 assault rifle, an MP5 submachinegun in a specialized holster on his back, and a handgun on his belt. The assult rifle is glowing a bright green. "Alright, people," he shouts, "this mission's gone from Capture to DoA! Take 'em down fast!" He quickly aims the rifle up at Tyroc and fires. The bullets glow with the same green energy as the gun. Tyroc turns to see the bullets coming a bit too late. One of them rips through the outside of his left arm, casuing it to bleed and leaving a burning sensation.
Tyrone growls at the pain in his arm and wipes the bloodspatter from the side of his face, noticing his hair has some too. "Yo, fool! You mess with the fro," he shouts as he dives recklessly down towards Strafe. He levels off about door height (5-8 feet?) and a lance of force towards the crouching man, "You gots ta go!"

POWERS: Sustain my flight and force shield; Energy blast, Lethal (23) at range (+5). It's been so long since I used triangular calculations my brain nearly couldn't handle it, but I should be well within range and around first floor height. I want to be in line along the house (first square) so that should I miss Strafe, my blast just might send the tree collapsing on him or his KO'd pals (and wouldn't that be a cryin' shame?)

Elementor

First Post
Agamon said:
Aaron is now Fatigued.

Since I did not have to use my hero point to negate the stun effect which I misinterpreted, I will use it instead to negate the fatigue effect from my AoE blast.

Last edited:

Master_Pugs

First Post
Kiro hardly notices random's presence, the mantra forcing out all but the most basic thoughts as he hustles towards the incoming foes, attempting to leap the fence if he reaches it.

(OOC) Not sprinting... no Dex makes Kiro go splat, just double move

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Three, con't
Maps

Initiative: Cheetah: 31, Screaming Eagle: 22, Strafe: 22, Mimic: 18, Sandstone: 18, Jersey Devil: 17, Random: 16, Elementor: 15, Shimmering Samurai: 14, Tyroc: 13, Minotaur: 12, Neutron: 9, Sarah: 3

Kiro, ignoring Random, continues onward.

Tyroc flies down towards the house and lets loose with a wave of kinetic energy directed at Strafe. Strafe, just getting up from the fireball, sees the attack. He jumps up and grabs a branch in the tree with his free hand, and as the energy hits the ground, he does a backflip to apostion a few steps from where he was standing.

Tyroc misses with an attack roll of 16 (he has a -2 due to range - Pythagorean theorem, man ;)). And sorry, missed attacks aren't going to do collateral damage to your targets... :rolleyes: )

Minotaur continues his charge forward, focusing on Jersey Devil. He again easily leaps the fence in his way.

Jump check (take 10) 20 vs DC 18.

Random makes his way to the fence. "Understood, Devil. Careful, he looks like a mean SOB."

Sarah thrusts her mind at Strafe's. Having just avoided Tyroc's attack, he shakes his head, shaking the mental attack off. "Dammit, the mind witch," he mutters. "Sandstone, Random, get yer asses out here!" he yells out.

Sarah's mental blast misses (attack of 13).

Agamon

Adventurer
Round Four
Maps

Sam notices Random appearing and disappearing below, and quickly forgets about Screaming Eagle. "Where'd he go?" she thinks as her eyes dart around the ground.

Readying a partial charge attack if Random appears within range.

"Hmmm, there's the winner of the Kensei look-alike contest. If he's anything like Kensei, he'll...be unreasonable." Screaming Eagle thinks as she sighs. She flies towards Kiro, decreasing her altitude as she does.

Strafe's attention remains on Sarah. As he aims his rifle her way, it begins to glow an even more brilliant green than before. "Bitch," he mutters as he fires a single burst in her direction. The bullet flies true, and when it hits Sarah's force field, there's a great explosion of crackling green energy that engulfs Sarah, Jaya, Tyroc, Aaron, and even Sandstone, the three vehicles and a good portion of the house (it just misses Miguel). Though at the point of impact, Sarah's field holds and she is only pushed back by the force a couple feet. The others aren't so lucky as the radiation burns them and the force of impact blows out all of the glass windows in the vehicles and the front of the house.

As the radiation fades, Strafe sees Sarah still standing there, unharmed. "Holy sh..." his voice trails off as he moves back behind the house.

Attack 25 vs Def 15, hits Sarah. Explosion Ref Saves (half damage if successful), Jaya: 9 vs DC 22, fails; Tyroc: 23 vs DC 22, succeeds; Aaron: 18 vs DC 22, fails; Sandstone 21 vs DC 22, fails. Damage saves, Sarah gets 9 vs DC 21, HP to reroll, gets 21 vs DC 21, succeeds; Jaya gets an 8 vs DC 27, moves from Unconscious to Dying, Con check for death...10 vs DC 10, succeeds; Tyroc gets an 18 vs DC 21 and takes another Lethal hit to bring him to 2 Lethal hits; Aaron gets an 18 vs DC 21 and takes a Lethal hit, putting him to 1 Stun and 1 Lethal hit; Sandstone gets an 8 vs DC 17, VP used, gets a 15 vs DC 17, takes a Lethal hit.

Recap:
Condition: Aaron - 1 Stun, 1 Lethal; Tyroc: 2 Lethal; Jaya: 1 Stun, 1 Lethal, Dying; Sandstone: 1 Lethal.
HPs used: Sarah (2), Tyroc (2), Aaron (1), and I've used 2 VPs.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads