• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Duct Tape [Spycraft]

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
"Hmm, disk eh? Any chance I could know what's on it? Might help us find it if we knew what it was going to be used for. Another thing, I assume you have files containing last known whereabouts, family and close friend information and other details that might be important. Gotta remember that we haven't established as all these kidnappings as having been committed by the same guy."

Matthaniel smiles after delivering possibly the longest speech he has ever spoken. "Oh, and one more thing... Can i smoke in here?"

Douane

First Post
Conrad raises a hand and clears his throat:

"In fact, I do have a question. What exactly makes those first four a case for the Agency? Since the number of 'disappearing people' is rather high, why are these rating a full investigation by Alpha-Beta?

The only reason for this I see is that they "seem to be related" somehow. So, what kind of connection do they share?"

Tanstaafl

First Post
Season One: The Case of the Missing Opera Singer;
Serial 1; Mission Briefing.

Agent Green shakes his head at Jameson’s query, ”Sorry chap, this is a smoke free building… you’ll have to get your nicotine fix elsewhere. As to the disk; well, if we knew what was on it we wouldn’t need it… Ms. Burges was investigating what she believed to be a money laundering cabal, the disk may contain information from that investigation.” He looks at his coffee mug for a moment. ”We haven’t established that all of the disappearances are the responsibility of a single individual, no, but something was found at the scene of each crime that leads us to believe that they are connected. Also, all of the victims were members of a rather exclusive club.”

After Conrad’s question, Mr. Green nods quietly. ”We feel that further investigation into the disappearances of Ms. Calandra, Ms. Rossini, Mr. St. Claire, and Dr. Yoult may provide clues as to the whereabouts of Ms. Burges… I can tell you more about the linkages between the cases after you’ve formally acknowledged your willingness to take this case. This is especially important for you, Mr. Jameson.”

”This is a volunteer assignment and potentially dangerous, we’re not sure who or what may be behind the disappearances. Any of you are free to leave at this time, if you stay you’ll be party to Top Secret information and bound by a nondisclosure agreement.” He looks at each of you in turn. “I’ll be taking a break now, I’ll be back in five minutes… if anyone wishes to leave now is the time.”

He walks to the door, unlocks it, and opens it, ”It has been a pleasure meeting you, gentlemen.” He walks into the outer office and has a whispered conversation with the secretary seated there. Then you hear receding footsteps, followed by quiet.

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
"Well, he seems like a straight forward bloke... I think I'll do what I can.."

Even though Matthaniel gives off an air of calm he still can't stop the thought going through his head: "Just how dangerous is dangerous eh?"

He lets out a sigh and slumps into a chair, his feet placed firmly on the table he mutters under his breath: "Damn Agency... always doing this to honest guys like me... Well, at least the pay is good"

After a short while, however, his mind seems to be made up: "Well, I guess I'm in... What about you guys?"

Jaik

First Post
Mr. Gold smiles, stretches in his chair and quietly hums "Brennan on the Moor" for the next five minutes unless interrupted.

Snowtiger

First Post
Indy smiles at the others "Well, nothing we haven't tackled before, hmm? And, if there are.. umm, special circumstances that tie all of these events together, that's the reason we get paid the Big Bucks. By the way.. I don't know about y'all but I could do with some downtime on a real bed in a quiet room once we get done with the briefing. I sure as heck didn't sleep on the jet."

Douane

First Post
* Interesting. They have learned well from Mil Int, "volunteers" do tend to get better results. *

Conrad doesn't even consider walking away from the case for a second; less due to any kind of interest in the case and more owing to his well ingrained military mindset.

Instinctively his hands go through the motions of the finger-knitting symbols as he waits for Agent Green to resurface.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Season One: The Case of the Missing Opera Singer;

Five minutes have passed since Mr. Green’s exit. The door opens and he re-enters the office. When he sees that you are all still present, he smiles. He hands each of you a folder as he begins speaking. “Now then, as you have noticed there are a multitude of differences in these five disappearances. None of them happened in the same neighborhood, the M.O. seems to be different in each case, different times of day, and none of the victims have superficial similarities such as race, age, ect.” He hands the last folder to Mr. Jameson.

Each of the folders bears a name on the exterior. (Mr. Crimson, Mr. Indigo, Mr. Gold, Mr. Jameson, and Mr. Slate, respectively.) Mr. Jameson’s folder contains several documents, two SFPD detective’s business cards, and a photo ID card which states that he is working as an adjunct to the FBI. The other folders contain the same documents and business cards as well as FBI agent badges in the names: William Crimson, Matthew Indigo, Thomas Gold, and Robert Slate.

Mr. Green sits at his desk and leans back slightly, linking his hands together on the desk top in front of him. “These are the primary reason that the agency has linked these cases together.” He hands Mr. Gold five crime scene bags, each containing a large sunflower-type bloom, the center of the flowers are yellow and the petals seem to have been vibrantly red – they’re rather faded now and he cautions you, “go ahead and pass them around, but be gentle – we’ll be needing to return them. One of these flowers was found at each disappearance site, this information is being held from the press by the police departments. Our preliminary investigation has uncovered the fact that all of the victims were from out of town, they’re all vegetarians, and they are all well respected in their chosen fields.”

“While we are concerned about all of the victims and strongly feel that one individual or organization is responsible for all of the disappearances, it is of paramount importance that you find Ms. Burges. You’ll find some information about the condition of her room in your folders as well as contact information for Detectives Allison Spring and Jeff Miller, they’ll be informed at 9am this morning that the case has been handed over to the FBI and will be instructed to assist you if you request aid.”
He pauses and looks at each of you, waiting for questions.

Remove ads