• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prologue YB3! (Exhibition Match) [Complete]

Rathan

First Post
The sun Sets in Yberia..... the scent of combat is in the air.

Seated at the edge of a clearing the first combatant waits.

Seconds later his opponent creeps from the treeline at the far end of the clearing

From the center a man in red phases in sensing battle about to begin and records the time, day and location of the epic battle

I decree this match to take place at the clearing south-west of Blackrock Pass on the evening of the northstar.

"Are you two ready for what lies ahead? If so lets here your best insult and get this started....."

With the Northstar looming overhead, the judge waits for the combatants to speak"

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
The seated figure rises and bows to the creeping shadow and the Man in Red. Her white robes with a simple yellow collar with 3 blue streaks, mark her as a Priest of Light and more specifically as a servant of Kalanyr, the Saint of Thunder.

" So it seems again we clash Servant of Kazz't ? And again you are here to bear witness, oh spirit of red. Very well then, this time you shall not walk away unscathed. In the name of Kalanyr and of the Light and the Great Saint Nikodemus I, Ryn, shall vanquish you!. "

Ryn's face then takes on an appearance of holy rapture as a thundering voice speaks through her

"Servant of Fiends, know that you are as doltish as your sister, that the Empire of Evil is small and weak and that your Consorts skill in combat is pathetic! But given your mother's foul nature, and the vile nature of your home and school none of this should be surprising!"

Insult:
Tongues!
I find your sister to be like unto a dolt, your honored empire to be puny, and your spouse's defense to be bad. + I find your mother to be dishonorable, your keep to be disgusting, and your dojo to be jaded.

Ryn
Servant of Paradise and Master of the Thundering Heavens
Priest of Light
(3rd Tier Mystic)
Yen 5

Initiate of Light: Signature Location Heavens, Holy Warrior (Zodiac Warrior), Holy Day (Stellar Alignment), Tongues (Rhetoric)
Cleric of Light: Signature Style:Thunder, Mastery:Thunder, Tithe (Sacrifice)
Priest of Light: Signature Location:Paradise, Light's Blessing (Conserve Energy), Holy Day (Stellar Alignment)

Last edited:

The black hooded figure walks up slowly and steadily towards the priest of light, and it is evident that he is carrying something in his hands as he moves closer to the two. It appears to be a cage, made of some sort of dark-tinted steel with a slightly ruffled up raven resting in the middle of it. The figure reaches out from underneath its robes to open the cage, revealing a skeletal hand. As soon as the hatch is unlocked, the raven takes flight and closes the remainder of the distance between Ryn and itself, even as the black hooded figure backs away into the shadows.

The raven's form then shifts quickly to that of a purple skinned humanoid with slightly pointed ears and fiendish horns upon his forehead, former black feathers quickly melting away into loose-fitting robes of the same color.

"You shall not utter the Void's sacred name while I am here, holy one." The tiefling begins, "My name is Felseid, I have come here because the Scripture dictates that it is my fate to fight you upon this day...and it is also my fate to win." He proclaims, beforing shouting out a customary insult.

Insult: I find your Lord to be lickspittle, your tower to be dirty, and your armor to be weathered.

Also,

Felseid lifts up the sleeve of his right arm, revealing blood-red runes carved into his skin. As his eyes follow the writing, he chants a verse in the Infernal language, this somehow allowing his intent manifesting into negative energy with the purpose of weakening his opponent.

"I invoke the power of my contract with the Void!"

Curse!!! - Block Access to Holy Warrior

Felseid
Obsidian Fiend (3rd Tier Acolyte)
Yen: 5
Equipment:
None
Powers:
Tier 1 - Signature Style: Raven, Unholy Disciple (World Warrior), Teleport (Withdraw), Foul Spirit (Negotiate)
Tier 2 - Signature Location: Hells, Confusion (Distraction), Darkspell (Trick), Devil's Mind (Strategist)
Tier 3 - Signature Style: West Wind, Curse (Foul Play) -used-, Teleport

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
"The Priests tounge holds true. She may set type and lenth of match!"

Have you anything to say about her winning insults Felseid?"

"For what it's worth.... good luck to the both of you...."

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Nyr nods to the judge and turns to the tiefling, the aasimar girl seems to weaken under the assault of the negative energy but shakes her head to clear it and stands ready for battle.

"This shall be a 6 Flag Strategy Speed Match! For the Light! "

1: The blizzard splits the marsh; protects against the cut of the wind!

2: The east wind penetrates the well; blocks the motion of the mountain!

3: The lotus blossom tumbles through the ocean; redirects the stab of the reptile!

4: The lizard sweeps on top of the island; shields against the terror of the tides!

5: The west wind bows close to the heavens; parts the speed of the isle!

Last edited:

"Bring. It. On." Felseid mutters, stepping back into a defensive stance.

Felseid's Hand
1: The grasshopper angrily removes the grotto; shreds the onslaught of the sickle!
2: The fox stands next to the cavern; protects against the cut of the garden!
3: The grasshopper parts the pillar; redirects the touch of the stone!
4: The fist shreds the hells; guards against the cut of the club!
5: The east wind spins underneath the bluff; parries the speed of the elements!

OOC-As winner of insults, you're up.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
The west wind bows close to the heavens; parts the speed of the isle!
Holy Day: West Wind!

Ryn stands and utters a prayer to the powers of the Light, causing a West Wind to rise up behind her and carry her up into the air close to the heavens where she can fall upon her opponent with sufficient speed to pass through an island!

(OOC-Normally Holy Warrior would grant West Wind as a signature style causing the above move to do an additional point of damage if it one but because of Curse, the Holy Day does change the day, but since Holy Warrior is inactive no extra damage is done, it serves only to break the Curse and allows Holy Warrior to work normally for the rest of the match. )

Last edited:

The grasshopper parts the pillar; redirects the touch of the stone!

With a single fluid motion, Felseid rises up into the air at an alarming speed, drawing a pointed dagger. After spending a second in the air, robes billowing, he falls down in front of his opponent just as quickly as he rose, weapon aimed straight down in a cutting motion.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
"While my forte IS power moves, which the evil one has, I'm still a sucker for a move in it's element!"

Point to Ryn!

"Also, excellent use of her known location gives her belt pouch a little more weight!" (1 yen recived for pulling her sig location!)

One Flag Ryn; 0 Flags Felseid!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads