proposal: adjustment to time XP

CaBaNa

First Post
I like the idea, the slow nature of PbP allows people to understand their powers well enough.

For games that stop completely, due to loss of DM or multiple players, time exp is the only thing a character can rely on while they wait for resolution... Doubling the value of an RP, makes that wait sting less.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I almost voted yes right now then something came to me. Time xp is much different than RP's. Time XP HAS to be awarded at the end of the adventure, RP's are awarded, but they can be carried forward. So if someone has a bunch of RP's (like my Cannith Caper Crew) earned before the doubling would take effect, how would we track them? It seems difficult from a judge perspective to make sure that the RP's earned in say June/10 for Haltor are only single when he cashes them in.

A solution would be for the proposal to not be double their value, but rather double the number awarded. i.e. 2 RP's/month of gaming (4 for DM's). We would need to change that other proposal about 2nd PC's to 8 RP's to account for this change also.

twilsemail

First Post
I almost voted yes right now then something came to me. Time xp is much different than RP's. Time XP HAS to be awarded at the end of the adventure, RP's are awarded, but they can be carried forward. So if someone has a bunch of RP's (like my Cannith Caper Crew) earned before the doubling would take effect, how would we track them? It seems difficult from a judge perspective to make sure that the RP's earned in say June/10 for Haltor are only single when he cashes them in.

A solution would be for the proposal to not be double their value, but rather double the number awarded. i.e. 2 RP's/month of gaming (4 for DM's). We would need to change that other proposal about 2nd PC's to 8 RP's to account for this change also.

I'm voting against this option with my not real vote. If you change things that way it extends my wait for another PC by 3 months. I would be very sad... ( I currently have earned 3-ish RP in Love Lost, I'd need to earn 5 more under the new system... which is another 3 months)

evilbob

Explorer
r1: Good point. However, all you seem to be guarding against is that RPs earned before now ("now" = when this proposal passed) wouldn't be doubled. But, I am ok with that: if we're going to double time XP, I have no issue with it being effectively retroactive.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases