[Proposal]Bazaar of the Bizarre (Dr 369)

hornedturtle

First Post
Well if you like the minor action reload you could add it in as saying that as a minor action you can pry/dislodge one object weighing 25% of max weight. That would still give the prying up coblestones feel while not nerfing if they allready have the ammo.

ukingsken

First Post
So I vote YES on everything but the gloves and boots, just to get that out of the way.

For the gloves
I think Horned turtle has hit on something. I agree we shouldn't double nerf, but I really like the vibe of ripping chunks of stuff off and throwing them at people.

So why not go with a little of both. If they wanna carry around/pick up loose rubble placed by the DM for that purpose give em a free action, or a minor action to "make" ammunition at 25% of max weight. That way we prevent overpowering, but still allow for really cool RP "I tear the leg off the table and throw it at Grogg the drunken Troll."

And the boots, well I still think they're ok myself since it's going to cost you big time to really get the bang out of them. Anyone else?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
It's already a minor action to pick something up off the ground. If the terrain/DM allows for it, there's no reason someone using the gloves couldn't pick up a chair and throw it, just like there's no reason someone couldn't pick up a dagger and throw it.

renau1g

First Post
Actually that brings up a point. If someone throws a dagger using the gloves does the 1d4 damage item magically turn into a 2d6 damage item? It seems by RAW yes.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Actually that brings up a point. If someone throws a dagger using the gloves does the 1d4 damage item magically turn into a 2d6 damage item? It seems by RAW yes.

Yes, this works, and I had meant to bring it up earlier. However, if a minimum weight is put on what can be thrown, this becomes less of a problem.

I also think that even if you throw a magical heavy thing with the gloves, it shouldn't return to you.

elecgraystone

First Post
Well I'd say you can either throw it as a dagger OR throw it as an object. To do 2d6, IMO you wouldn't be able to sneak attack with it or get your +1 to hit with it because you are a rogue. Remember, it isn't a weapon power so none of the weapon traits apply. This also means that, as TwoHeadsBarking said, it wouldn't return to you. You didn't throw it as a weapon after all and that's the only time it comes back.

Now if someone wanted to propose a returning boulder that was a magic item in it's own right, that would work for me.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Now if someone wanted to propose a returning boulder that was a magic item in it's own right, that would work for me.

Oh man, does anyone else remember the Orcish shot put from the 3.0 splatbook Sword and Fist? It was described as a chunk of rock about the size of a grapefruit that had been cut into a roughly spherical shape. I guess you could have a masterwork one too, which amuses me (an expertly crafted roughly hewn piece of stone). I don't remember the stats, but I think it was pretty much what you would get from throwing debris with the gloves.

renau1g

First Post
Assuming you're a rogue, but the other 17 classes (or so) don't get that bonus.

It's just interesting is all. I haven't seen an official proposal for the gloves yet, besides what's in the article.

elecgraystone

First Post
Oh man, does anyone else remember the Orcish shot put from the 3.0 splatbook Sword and Fist?
LOl yeah. Weighed a ton, but did awesome damage. Pretty close I'd think to premade ammo for the gloves.

Assuming you're a rogue, but the other 17 classes (or so) don't get that bonus.
Just pointing out that it wouldn't count as a dagger OR a light blade when used with the gloves. The rogue's abilities were just the ones that came to mind. I could have said weapon focus instead.

Remove ads