[Proposal]Bazaar of the Bizarre (Dr 369)

elecgraystone

First Post
Agreed. Like I said it's a weird mechanic because all of a sudden that dagger transforms into an object.
Take a katar. Throw katar at enemy. It magically turned into an improvised ranged weapon that now how no prof. bonus, does d4 damage and has a range of 5/10. Oddly enough, it's STILL a magic weapon that way so it returns! :p

ukingsken

First Post
Well what I'm still having trouble with is that it's being "thrown as an object not a weapon" how is it doing more damage? If you throw it so the point sticks into someone, you've thrown a dagger like a weapon. So how do you do more damage with the not pointy end??

*Scratches head* Should we disallow throwing "weapons" and limit it to improvised weapons (IE chairs, tables, rocks, kobolds)?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
But if it's a +1 fullblade by it's very nature it would return to their hands, no?

Actually, it won't. PHB pg 232 states that only thrown weapons get Returning when they're enchanted.

However, my previous post was assuming that we'd be voting against letting anything return, whether it was Thrown or merely thrown.

Kalidrev

First Post
How about this? Make the minimum weight 5 lbs, to eliminate all of the small stuff and add the following to the end:

Special: If a weapon is used as ammunition for this power, treat the wielder as being not proficient with that weapon. A weapon used with this power can deal no more damage when thrown with the gauntlets than if used in melee combat. Treat bows, crossbows, and other ranged weapons that require ammunition to be used, as improvised weapons for purposes of calculating damage for this power.

Adding that to the end means that you can't take a weapon and get 2d6 damage out of it (if it doesn't already deal that much damage) and eliminates the menial-weight-item-throwing-for-massive-damage problem.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Great idea! I'll say YES to all except the gauntlets. I'll propose this instead:

Make the minimum weight 5 lbs, to eliminate all of the small stuff and add the following to the end:

Special: If a weapon is used as ammunition for this power, treat the wielder as being not proficient with that weapon. A weapon used with this power can deal no more damage when thrown with the gauntlets than if used in melee combat. Treat bows, crossbows, and other ranged weapons that require ammunition to be used, as improvised weapons for purposes of calculating damage for this power

renau1g

First Post
I'll say Yes to the boots (after thinking it over, it is only potentially more powerful in one narrow situation) and Yes to the proposal above by Evo

elecgraystone

First Post
Ah... The special seems overly complicated to me. "Weapons used with this ability do not use their properties or magic for the attack." Simple and easy.

"A weapon used with this power can deal no more damage when thrown with the gauntlets than if used in melee combat." Makes NO sense mind you. If I pick up a weapon, it's limited in damage but if I pick up a loosely packed 5lb snowball, it deals the FULL damage. :-S

Same for "Treat bows, crossbows, and other ranged weapons that require ammunition to be used, as improvised weapons for purposes of calculating damage for this power". 5lbs block of wood does 2d6 but if I carve it into the shape of a greatbow, it does d4? :-S

Remove ads