(Proposal) Buildings

Yurith

First Post
You know how we have (Proposal) and (Tavern) and (Adventure). Well, why not have (Guild) or (Magic store) or even (stall) where you can either train and meet others of you class (Guild), sell things you have collected over your adventures (magic shop) or just buy and sell freely (stall). What do u think?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe such things are in the works and approved and all that, it's just that A) there aren't really enough players to put them in different buildings yet and B) nobody has discovered much of anything that would be worth opening a shop for. I think that generally, the DMs of adventures handle purchasing before and after a dungeon delve or whatnot.

orsal

LEW Judge
Currently the Red Dragon Inn is the only place we have set up where characters not on an adventure can show up. It is therefore safe to assume that anyone with an idle character who wants to be active right now, is going to be there. Take a look at that thread and see how many people that is -- not a lot. The next adventure hook to come along could clear the place of PCs completely. As long as it's such a small group, we need to have them all in one place, so that a DM with a new adventure can find them. So let's not try to set up any other downtime gathering spots to divide that crowd until we have a large enough crowd to be divided.

I should also note that trading can be done at the Red Dragon Inn -- there's even a thread for the Inn's own buy-and-sell "classified ads", a thread to which nobody has posted in eons.

Yurith

First Post
I should also note that trading can be done at the Red Dragon Inn -- there's even a thread for the Inn's own buy-and-sell "classified ads", a thread to which nobody has posted in eons.

Ok. Well that makes me feel good about selling my stuff.

What do u think about guilds though?

orsal

LEW Judge
Yurith said:
Ok. Well that makes me feel good about selling my stuff.

What do u think about guilds though?

If you, the player, want to establish a guild (which may have been around for quite some in-game time), do it as a proposal. You could start a thread titled

(proposal) Wizards' Guild of Orussus
(or something like that... whatever sort of guild you want)

and write a few paragraphs about the guild, its traditions, its activities, membership conditions. Once you'd done that, we could all contribute our ideas, and after some discussion, additions and amendments, the judges would all vote. If it got approved, we could all have our characters decide to be members, roleplay interactions based on that membership (say, guild members recognize each other in the Red Dragon), etc.

After your character has gained a few levels, sufficient to become a minor local personality, you might be able to create a guild in a new way: in character. Have your character found a new organization, go through some roleplaying to get it started, maybe a vignette or two around establishing its resources or recruiting membership.

So it doesn't sound like you're asking for anything that LEW rules don't already allow. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Yurith

First Post
I meant have these ALL in game. When your character dies, the guild members report back to the guild page and tell everyone. They will then elect a new leader or something. With the store, people could come to you (in character) and sell you there collections or buy or even trade! Then we could have a whole collection of traders, mabye even a new class! And when you say "Lets loot the guard room. We could get a fortune for that in the next town!" When in actual fact, two players could haggle over the items. An auction house could even be started! People! Im not saying stop at just my examples, when, if you decide settle down, you could make an armour-renting place, or open a gladiator arena! Just think!

Velmont

First Post
Well, my first character, Rinaldo di Senzio, is a Merchant. For now, his objectives is to open his own magical shop, trading magical items. Presently, he find two problem, not enough money to start ti, and not enough contact to buy the items needed for his shop, that's why he is adventuring. I even made a Prestige Class (Trader) that will allow to have better deal, so when Rinaldo will reach 7th level (he is 4th now), I will propose a magical shop, run by Rinaldo and maybe an assistant NPC, when Rinaldo is out of town.

But it is true that presently, the number of character is not high enough, and running a market of magical items is not the best moment for now.

Creamsteak

Explorer
orsal said:
If you, the player, want to establish a guild (which may have been around for quite some in-game time), do it as a proposal.

They way I would do it is to start by making friends in the RD and while on adventures, and try to form the guild in character before making any sort of proposal. If you've got 10 characters or such that are part of an in character organization, then your "guild" would get their own thread or such.

Creamsteak

Explorer
People! Im not saying stop at just my examples, when, if you decide settle down, you could make an armour-renting place, or open a gladiator arena! Just think!

Leadership is action, not mandate of law. If you want to do something, you go out and do it; you don't wait for someone to give you authority to do so.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Velmont said:
But it is true that presently, the number of character is not high enough, and running a market of magical items is not the best moment for now.
I think that's key.

Remove ads