(Proposal) Buildings

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
With the rate that most people level here, you'd still be 3rd or 4th level.

If it's three or four people you can't get anything accomplished.

Yurith

First Post
In the DMG, it says guilds are there for extra training and a place to test out new abilities and skills. What kind of things do you mean by accomplish?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
If you start a guild, who's going to train you? I think the highest levelled person is 4. A bunch are 1, 2, and 3. Who's going to give you extra training?

orsal

LEW Judge
Yurith said:
In the DMG, it says guilds are there for extra training and a place to test out new abilities and skills. What kind of things do you mean by accomplish?

I think the real issue isn't what exists in this world, or in Orussus, but what we want to roleplay explicitly. Customarily the training happens "off-camera", so to speak -- you note that the characters have gained a level, let their players decide what classes/skills/feats/spells they'll take, and understand that they do it before the next adventure starts. There's always the option of roleplaying some interactions related to training, but it's not necessary.

Guilds and guildhalls exist, even if we're not roleplaying what happens in them. It's happening all the same. In between returning from the adventure on which you (i.e. your character) gained a level and checking into the Red Dragon Inn in the hope of finding a new adventure, suppose you spent a little time in an appropriate guild hall doing whatever was appropriate. You can talk about that if you went, maybe share some stories over a bitter at the Dragon with your next adventuring buddies. But if you want to play it out -- that means other real-world people need to be available to play all the NPCs you meet, and I don't think the LEW project is nearly large enough to justify that.

Similar comments apply to shops -- if your character is going to buy some gear, you'll add the items to this character sheet, subtract from the gold listed, and suppose that that's done. There's no need to actually have someone playing a shopkeeper. A lot of what happens during downtime is too boring to bother playing out in any detail. But it's happening all the same.

Velmont

First Post
orsal said:
Similar comments apply to shops -- if your character is going to buy some gear, you'll add the items to this character sheet, subtract from the gold listed, and suppose that that's done. There's no need to actually have someone playing a shopkeeper. A lot of what happens during downtime is too boring to bother playing out in any detail. But it's happening all the same.

That's one reason I want to wait to be higher level before opening my shop. With the trader PrC, I'll be able to open a shop. With it, I'll be able to do 2 things, first, a little profits, second, I have some idea of adventure that could happen, and it would be Rinaldo who is the employer (Yeah, that mage ask me for the elements for a magical item, but I miss one. I don't have time to fetch it myself, would you? Or, a thief stole half my stock, if you find it, I'll give you that nice magical item. What do you think of it?) :)

Yurith

First Post
Velmont said:
That's one reason I want to wait to be higher level before opening my shop. With the trader PrC, I'll be able to open a shop. With it, I'll be able to do 2 things, first, a little profits, second, I have some idea of adventure that could happen, and it would be Rinaldo who is the employer (Yeah, that mage ask me for the elements for a magical item, but I miss one. I don't have time to fetch it myself, would you? Or, a thief stole half my stock, if you find it, I'll give you that nice magical item. What do you think of it?) :)

Guilds and guildhalls exist, even if we're not roleplaying what happens in them. It's happening all the same. In between returning from the adventure on which you (i.e. your character) gained a level and checking into the Red Dragon Inn in the hope of finding a new adventure, suppose you spent a little time in an appropriate guild hall doing whatever was appropriate. You can talk about that if you went, maybe share some stories over a bitter at the Dragon with your next adventuring buddies. But if you want to play it out -- that means other real-world people need to be available to play all the NPCs you meet, and I don't think the LEW project is nearly large enough to justify that.

I understand your ideas. My minds is probably just straying because i cant adventure yet.

Remove ads