Proposal: Implement L4W's Auto-Acceptance Method

For those of you not familiar, this means that all official WotC material, hardback and Dragon, is automatically accepted one month after it is published or released into the Compendium/Character Builder, unless someone specifically proposed to block it. I think this is a much better system, frankly.

Exception: All backgrounds that don't follow the format of the PHB2 ones need to be proposed and voted for separately.

renau1g

Visitor
I also prefer this system, but just want to wait to vote until others weigh in (I suppose that this will need sg & Evo, besides myself to pass, with 'king and Ata leaving).

Oh boo, I should have pressured a non-judge into proposing this. Yes, this will require every other active judge's approval to pass.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I was wondering when someone would get around to this.

L4W had the advantage in that they have already "examined"/"nerfed"/whatnot a bunch of stuff whereas we haven't gone through them individually. I think there were a few things previously proposed that we said no to as well.

Let me mull on this.

LOL Yes you should have. I would have proposed it as I like the idea.
Well, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

L4W had the advantage in that they have already "examined"/"nerfed"/whatnot a bunch of stuff whereas we haven't gone through them individually. I think there were a few things previously proposed that we said no to as well.
Looking through the L4W Charter, the only things that were blocked that LEB hasn't also specifically addressed are a couple powers from Arcane Power. Of course, this doesn't show any articles/issues that were blocked in their entirety. I don't know how frequently that happened. Sacrifice to Caiphon was blocked, but later became approved. We get to avoid the over-sized issue. I know a lot of epic level stuff was voted against just because it's so far away, but I don't think that's a huge issue in this environment.

renau1g

Visitor
Decision time for ol' r1 and it's a YES to this proposal. Just need sg's buy in and it's good to go.

Kalidrev

Visitor
LOL! THB... nice propaganda message =P Alexia will get her item in no time after SG approves this proposal ^_^

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Looking over at L4W's verbotten list, I don't think there is anything we need to worry about.

Edit: Oh, yeah. YES

So...

3 yes votes and 0 no votes since the 8th. Has this passed then? I'm just waiting so I can add AV2 items to my character. :)

Should we still create threads for new books? For example, just make the title of the thread the name of the books, maybe with the date for auto approval in the title as well?

The only reason you'd have to make a thread is if there was something you want to exclude from one of the books. Otherwise All you need to do is update the list of usable books.

Advertisement