(Proposal) Increase Points to 32

Otakkun

Explorer
IMO I think the setting would be made much more interesting if instead of better stats, everyone got +1 skill poiints per level. But then, that's just me, I'm a skills maniac.

EvilGM

Explorer
I'm against the increase from 30 to 32 pt buy as there are many established characters all ready.

But then again, I don't think it really matters to me either way.

Pbartender

First Post
It might not be a bad idea to have everyone re-post their characters in a new character-sheet thread anyway. It'd be a quick and easy way to weed out the characters that are no longer being used... Plus, it'd be a way to get everyone using the 'standard' format.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
I am for the increase to 32. I agree with the basic premise that Creamsteak has put forth, also, it allows a character to have 2 18s if they want, at the sacrifice of 8 in every other ability of course, but it is there.

2 points doesn't seem like a lot, but, having made many a character on Never winter nights, which uses a buy system of 30, I can see where it opens many new doors.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I still prefer an odd number, say 33?

I think that a new thread is an excellent idea,Pbartender.
Nobody gets the increase unless they post in the proper format (which was decided upon many months ago).Perhaps folks will post them preperly with an incentive.
Seriously, though, let's have a Poll. Leave it up a week so that everyone has a chance to vote on a simple yes/no. Go from there.
What do you say CS?

WizWrm

First Post
Er, wait, so if this passed, what happens to exisitng characters? Either A) players simply add the extra point to a stat low enough to be affected, or B) players can reshuffle their scores to account for the extra point. While (A) is definitely easier to deal with, I think a lot of players' decisions about where they assigned their points would be noticeably different if they knew that they could have an odd score and see it improve at 4th level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases