(Proposal) Increase Points to 32

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
WizWrm said:
Er, wait, so if this passed, what happens to exisitng characters? Either A) players simply add the extra point to a stat low enough to be affected, or B) players can reshuffle their scores to account for the extra point. While (A) is definitely easier to deal with, I think a lot of players' decisions about where they assigned their points would be noticeably different if they knew that they could have an odd score and see it improve at 4th level.

A is how I'd go. I don't think reshuffling is needed.

I am going to start a Poll, I guess.

CCamfield

First Post
Uriel said:
A is how I'd go. I don't think reshuffling is needed.

I am going to start a Poll, I guess.

My character hasn't even been approved yet, but I have a question - how exactly would you go about picking which stat to improve? Would you boost the highest stat that could receive those points at a 1-for-1 ratio? Boost the lowest?

e.g. with my character, Marl, I ended up having to short both Wisdom (12 - originally I gave him a 14) and Charisma (10). Would you put 2 points into Wisdom and the leftover into Charisma, given a choice of those stats, since they indicate player priority? Putting all of them in Charisma would give the character a higher Cha than Wis.

Remove ads