• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proposed Changes to Redeeming Light/Right of Domain/Corruption/Mind Thief

Zappo

Explorer
reiella said:
At tier 2, a light and dark can generate a multi-hit move at will.
Yeah, but they can do it once per fight. Holding it until the last round can be very dangerous. You could end up not using it on good moves because you hope to manage to use it on the final round. I've made that proposal partly because holding off your mightiest attack until the end sounds very much like a display of total superiority, complete humiliation for the enemy, and the kind of things that manga heroes constantly do. A "spectacular victory" deserves a special reward.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Eventhough I'm on the path of Darkness, I don't know if I will ever use that. Propably will, but not necessarily. It just doesn't fit my character.

But on the rules hand, I like them and I don't think they are overpowered or that people should refuse to fight because of them.

I will have to vote option 7 here.

Vanor

First Post
The problem isn't the 2 tiers, it's RL/Crouption really.

Kal's fought people 2 tiers below him I believe, but they always state "No redeaming light" in the stipulations. Very few people are willing to be forced to swich paths.

I would say number 4 would get my vote, I think... I assume that if someone used Mind Thief/Right of Domain, the person they used it on would not lose the location/style.

Here's an idea...

MT/RoD can only be used if the light/dark fighter won the match, then a extra round is called for. If the light/dark fighter wins that round then MT/RoD kicks in and they get a sig style/location from the person beat. If however they lose the round, then then person beat doesn't lose rank for the loss of the match. This would give someone incentive to give the extra round a swing, as they might negate the loss of rank they're going to suffer for losing.

Remove ads