Psergei, NE Greater Goddess of Fire

B4cchus

Explorer
I still have a problem with the domains.
All the other 'elemtal' dieties have 5 domains, this one has 3.
I suggest a new domain: desert (to fill the sun gap together with the fire domain?) and perhaps the travel domain?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Wah! Good catch, I forgot to re-add Sun to the list of domains. So Psergei has four.

Desert is not an SRD domain, but we could certainly make one (other LEW deities have custom Domains). Travel, though her worshipers are nomadic, doesn't really fit with her flavor at all. If the other voters would prefer me to make a Desert domain, I will.

Boddynock

First Post
I agree that Travel doesn't seem to fit. Although I've already voted in favour of the proposal, perhaps a Desert domain would help to bring the number of domains up to parity. But does it really matter if she has four instead of five?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The numbers don't bother me at all. The fact that the Goddess of Deserts doesn't have a Desert domain bothers me more, but on the other hand, Galatea only has Water, no "Ocean Domain".

Trouvere

Explorer
Yes, creating a specific 'Desert' domain would open up the can of worms that there are many other 'missing' environmental or biome domains.
It's noteworthy that Sandstorm does not offer a Desert domain - the nearest it comes is with the Thirst and Sand domains (two and zero SRD spells in these, respectively).

Trouvere

Explorer
Well, quickly glancing through the SRD, these are the spells that struck me as relating (tenuously, sometimes) to the desert, to sand, to desiccation:

1st Endure Elements
2nd Glitterdust / Gust of Wind / Soften Earth and Stone
3rd Stone Shape / Diminish Plants
4th Hallucinatory Terrain* / Control Water / Blight / Giant Vermin
5th Transmute Rock to [Sand]
6th Move Earth
7th Control Weather
8th Horrid Wilting
9th Elemental Swarm (any, except Water)

Could you put together a decent domain from those?

* It's an oasis! We're saved! Oh no, it's just sand. Classic.

Trouvere

Explorer
I should have put Heat Metal on the list for the sake of completeness, but it's in the Sun domain, which Psergei already has.

The anti-plant spells make sense for a goddess who wants her deserts to spread over the world before the final destruction, I think - and neither is in the Plant domain. Blight is Drd 4 but Sor/Wiz 5, so could go at the higher level, since Transmute Rock to Mud is a feeble thematic choice.

Remove ads