D&D 5E Psionics in a sci-fi D&D

How would you do it?

• Reskin magic

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • Totally new system

Votes: 85 64.9%

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I honestly don't know, although I'm not sure how niche it would be, or how (or why) a psion would rage (or "rage," if you're just using that as an example).

I personally am of the idea that they should have fewer "spells" than wizards or clerics, and don't mind if they had sort of a warlock chasis. But I realize that some people want each psion to be as varied as a wizard or cleric can be--not just a lot of psion "spells," but the ability to know lots of different powers at once.
a caster rage is more a description of something that improves the caster short term like rage but made to work with casters so using say spells is still an option lots of psions have been shown to let loose with all their power for some real explosive effects.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I read Dune in middle school, as had a number of my friends. I also watched the original David Lynch* Dune movie (theatrical and extended), been alive to play the Dune RTS game, watch the SyFy mini-series, and now seeing the new movie. (This is not to mention the Dune RPG getting most anticipated TTRPG from ENWorld how many years in a row?) I'm not entirely sure how its cultural impact has been minimal, especially among "geekdom." It's impact may not be as much of a pop cultural phenomenon as Game of Thrones, but its legacy has clearly been more enduring.

* David Lynch's involvement in the Dune movie is also part of its enduring legacy, particularly among Lynch fans.
Don’t forget the I’ll fated Jodorowsk’s Dune, a movie which never got made, became the subject of a relatively recent documentary, and inspired some cryptobros to make an extremely poorly thought-out purchase:

Also, I note there have been several Dune games: a CCG, 3 board games, 3 RPGs and 5 computer games.

Last edited:

Aldarc

Legend
Don’t forget the I’ll fated Jodorowsk’s Dune, a movie which never got made, became the subject of a relatively recent documentary, and inspired some cryptobros to make an extremely poorly thought-out purchase:
The fact that Dune had both David Lynch and Alejandro Jodorwski* associated with its IP definitely has made cinephile heads turn.

* Who in turn was collaborating with Jean Girard (Moebius)!

sanakhanum

First Post
In the event that the enchanted things are for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from innovation, and feel like one can by them in a store or make one in a lab, then, at that point, better believe it, it is magic
Magic acts like a fantasy, whereas innovation is more like science proven.

Remove ads