• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psioniic Archer PrC

Corlon

First Post
"Jeph, hes on a mission to make psionics even better", theme song

ur obssessed with psionic archers aren't you:rolleyes:?

Xarlen

First Post
I have to say this isn't as powerful as the Arcane Archer, and really isn't as good. Hrm...

How about some way to Quicken a Fell Shot? Or +1 to manifester level, at the very least a PP progression.

And, I don't think Jump should be on the skill list. Even though it's your favorite, archers generally aren't... Jumping. They're usually standing still, firing.

Jeph

Explorer
That's steriotypical . . . last archer I played had +42 jump at 5th level, and could REALLY use it to their advantage. But whatever, here are the modifications:

Drop the class skill Jump, Tumble, Hide, Move Silently, Swim, decrease skills/level to 2.

Add +1 manifester level at levels 1, 4, 7, 10.
Make Psionic Arrow go up at every odd level.

And isn't using Fell Shot/Psionic Shot and stuff a free action anyway? Once per attack? correct me if I'm wrong . . .

Last edited:

Tetsuyama

First Post
On the jump topic, the last Psychic Warrior archer in our campaign also had boatloads of jump. That, combined with the Psychic Jump feat got him a commanding view of the field of battle. Since he could Metaphysical Weapon his arrows, it pretty well offset the to-hit penalties of being a couple of range increments away. Thus he stayed well away from harm, and supported the party very effectively.

I like the class, but I might actually drop the Move Silently/Hide skills in favor of other Psychic Warrior class skills being available to the Psychic Archer. Really I think it depends on if you're trying to develop a specialized Psychic Warrior class, or a totally new class path for characters to head down (as you can probably tell, I generally don't think of PsyWars as sneaky types). You might even break this PrC out to two similar but distinct classes, one sneaky and assassin-like sniper, the other more of a high-mobility battlefield howitzer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads