• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus - Where to get?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
catsclaw227 said:
The Delver's Guild is a series of articles (once a week since the pre-order started) of Ptolus specific articles, NPCs, etc. If you preordered from WW, you were given access. The articles range from neat, to usable in any campaign, to downright cool -- I haven't seen one "meh" entry yet.
Some of the NPCs have been sort of "meh" for me, although the ones with history -- like the character who inspired the Dwarven Defender PrC -- are cool. I like the longer write-ups of the non-Lothian gods best, myself.

Banshee16

First Post
Numion said:
Soo .. does this mean the masterplan to prevent shops from competing on Ptolus prices failed? Who woulda thunk .. :\

Who knows? There *are* online vendors selling it. The one I listed was one I trust, simply because I've purchased from him twice before. But it's a free market...the U.S. is big on trumpeting that :)

If someone wants the book, but doesn't feel like spending $120 on it, and somebody is willing to sell it for less, neither one of them is breaking the law.

Banshee

catsclaw227

First Post
I've bought from discount games on ebay before as well, and I even have them in my Favorite Seller's list. Good company, quick service. I consider them one of my online FLGSs, like FRP Games.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
catsclaw227 said:
I've bought from discount games on ebay before as well, and I even have them in my Favorite Seller's list. Good company, quick service. I consider them one of my online FLGSs, like FRP Games.

I'll second that - they (discount games inc) offer excellent service and prices (Even with the cost shipping and potential taxes on import in the UK they are still one of my favourite games suppliers - in terms of price, speed of response and the wide variety of stock they carry I've found them hard to better)

hexgrid

Explorer
Numion said:
Soo .. does this mean the masterplan to prevent shops from competing on Ptolus prices failed? Who woulda thunk .. :\

What plan was this? I thought the plan was just that it was only distributed to hobby distributors, and not book trade distributors. That doesn't prevent anyone from competing on prices.

Banshee16

First Post
catsclaw227 said:

I agree. Actually, I've ended up in detailed RPG discussions with the owner about products I'm interested in. He's a gamer, and I think he's even familiar with EN World, so it was kind of neat to get his opinion about something before plunking down the cash, from someone who knew what he was talking about.

I love my local FLGS, but often they're somewhat.....disconnected....from their merchandise. If it wasn't for the fact that they have such a huge inventory, and order at least one of just about everything, so it's easy to browse before making a decision, I'd have probably left a long time ago.

Banshee

Siobharek

Explorer
Ottergame said:
That assumes, of course, you're interested in such stuff. The adventure is nice, I guess, but I put it up on my shelf as soon as I removed it from the box, and it'll probley sit there gathering dust untouched till I move out and have to pack it.
I would take a closer look at it. I read it from cover to cover on the plane home, and it is extremely well designed. Simply reading it was a pleasure, I think. And I KNOW I won't be using it for another year or so.

Remove ads