• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Published Epic level adventures

Gokijin

First Post
I am pretty sure there is another for 3.5 or it was 3.0, I forget which, but I can't remember the name of it and I was thinking of ordering it. I started that module a long time ago, but never finished it. Thanks though. =D

Nightson

First Post
You may want to investigate game variants like E6 to solve your problems. I don't think it's possible to get away from the large amount of prep time in 3.5 epic play, and I don't believe there's anything more then a handful of epic level adventures.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The only module I've seen that goes to 100 is back in 1e; good old H4 Throne of Bloodstone.

To nitpick, H4 only "goes to" level 100 in that it can be run for PCs who are already level 100 - it doesn't contain enough XP to take your level 20 character up to level 100.

Howdy Gokijin! :)

Gokijin said:
I hope this is the right thread to ask, but isn't there a module that takes characters from level 1 to 100 for 3.5? I understand the difficulty it takes to create high level campaigns and we have done a few, but the amount of preparations needed take up all the free time for whoever is DMing. But at the same time, we play a character from first level to near epic or epic and then have to start over because we run out of material and after months of playing the same character, its hard to set them aside sometimes.

The best 3.5 epic adventure is Quicksilver Hourglass, from one of the Dungeon Magazines.

Crothian said:
The only module I've seen that goes to 100 is back in 1e; good old H4 Throne of Bloodstone.

I actually did a brief conversion of Throne of Bloodstone about 5 years ago on my website:

Immortality

Immortality

My plan was to try and convert it for Level 100 characters, to see if it was possible to design a Level 100 adventure in 3E. But too many of the converted encounters required far too many lower level monsters.

The main problem for challenging Level 100 characters is the lack of (relevantly themed) resources. ie. Monsters. As such, you cannot really build adventures for Level 100 characters from existing material, you almost have to 'scratch build' the whole thing yourself.

Remove ads