D&D (2024) Pulse check on 1D&D excitement level

What is your level of excitement for 1D&D?

• Very High - I love the direction 1D&D is going, the playtest will only make it better

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • High - Mostly the right direction and feels like the playtest will result in a product I like

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • Meh - It's different, but not exciting, let's see where it goes from here

Votes: 85 35.9%
  • Low - Mostly the wrong direction for me, but hopeful the playtest will improve it

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • Very Low - Mostly the wrong direction for me, and doubtful the playtest will improve it

Votes: 66 27.8%

• Poll closed .
I've changed my vote from Low to Very Low.
At this stage in my life, I'm thinking of actually wanting to tick things off from my RPG bucket list, rather than spend time being frustrated with my perceived direction the game is heading towards.

Any RPG time is really spent yakking on here or prepping and playing D&D currently for a 14th level storyline and a 9th level storyline, and we are coming up on the end of a multi-party, multi-year campaign. I'm not going to be tweaking or testing rules at this late stage. All I'm doing is stealing what I can for challenges (social, exploration and combat).
I think after this campaign, I will be giving D&D a break - and rather start pulling some RPGs off my shelf that have as yet not been played.

Remove ads