• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Puzzle solving for rewards!?

buchw001

First Post
OK Here goes!

I’m looking for a link or at least some ideas for puzzles my players can solve to earn rewards. They are a very quick and intelligent bunch that really enjoys this part of the game. I have given many one-word-solution riddles, so I’m hoping for something a little more complex / challenging for them.

I know you experienced and VERY talented DMs & players have some great stuff in your memory banks that I can steal and use to WOW my players
(Insert other flattering remarks here!).

Here’s an example of what I need (used this one last adventure):

The party enters a hallway… Upon the eastern wall the vague outline of a door can be seen. On the door are six levers each of which has four different positions. Engraved in the stone above the door is the following:

A leather band upon a focused brow
A solution for those that see like the drow

[The party then must search to find the “special” head band. When they find it they put it on and become disoriented and see only darkness. They realize that drow have darkvision so the wizard of the group casts darkvision and then puts on the headband. What he sees is the back side of the door with the levers only now he can see that dark circles mark the correct position of each. Finally since the view is from the BACK, right is left and left is right. The party puts the levers in the correct positions and the door swings open to reveal the goodies]

I give them some treasure and some experience depending on how difficult the puzzle. Usually I do not make these things plot related incase they can’t figure them out, but this group of players has easily solved everything I have thrown at them.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, links or comments on what you thnk of this

P.S. – They get through plenty of tough combat situations with great strategy also.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads