• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Zudrak said:
I imagine then, Gary, that you will mostly be eating bread and drinking water since there's no sense in eating filets or drinking wine. I hope the side effects are mild while the meds do what they are supposed to do.

Now that summer is giving way to autumn, do you find that there is more or less time to write and create? Or do the Bears and Packers steal a little bit of your time?

I'd like to say I'm an Eagles fan, but I just can't get into football like I do hockey. (Go Flyers!) :D

bloggingonthefl.gif
As I have little energy to remain doingf concentrated work for a period of more than an hour or so, I make the most of the situation by reading. As the weather cools and darkens here, I'll read less and indeed watch the tube--both Bears and Packers.

Those pursuits don't keep me from working, lack of capacity to sustain suych activity does.

Cheers,
Hary

Zudrak

Explorer
Col_Pladoh said:
Those pursuits don't keep me from working, lack of capacity to sustain suych activity does.

I pray that you get some of your reserve of energy back then. Not necessarily to just work on things, but so you can do more each day. (Sometimes the printed word fails to say what I want to say. Blasted poor vocab skills!) Have the physicians given any indication that your endurance or concentration will return?

At any rate, I hope my point was conveyed clearly :confused: .

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Zudrak said:
I pray that you get some of your reserve of energy back then. Not necessarily to just work on things, but so you can do more each day. (Sometimes the printed word fails to say what I want to say. Blasted poor vocab skills!) Have the physicians given any indication that your endurance or concentration will return?

At any rate, I hope my point was conveyed clearly :confused: .

I feel quite well, but I tire out all too soon, so that I need to stop creative work and kick back. There is no advice from my doctor as to the matter, but I am advised that the medications I take are the principal cause of this flagging energy. So i am bust an hour, then go off and read or do something that is not taxing for an hour, etc. I also need to sleep anout nine hours or even 10, each night. That combines to make it nigh impossible for me to undertake a serious creative project.

On the positive side, I have days when I can manage to wotk several hours without needing a break. If I can combine those into a regemine, then I can get some work done.

Of course, I confess to rather enjoying a lot of relaxing reading time...and spending a good bit of effort communicating by email and on board posts such as this :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Henry

Autoexreginated
Col_Pladoh said:
Of course, I confess to rather enjoying a lot of relaxing reading time...and spending a good bit of effort communicating by email and on board posts such as this :lol:

Gary, as much as I'd like to see a certain Castle finished by your pen ;) I also have to say that life's too short to waste it on grinding yourself down. I hope you're enjoying it with good family time, good friends, and good fun. I also hope one day soon to get my time and money straight to come up and visit.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Henry said:
Gary, as much as I'd like to see a certain Castle finished by your pen ;) I also have to say that life's too short to waste it on grinding yourself down. I hope you're enjoying it with good family time, good friends, and good fun. I also hope one day soon to get my time and money straight to come up and visit.
Heh,

And how well I agree :heh:

so I am making notes of all the "must" encounters in the castle levels and dungeons so that if I can't be involved in the creating of them on the intense basis I'd prefer all of the interesting things will be in them nonetheless :cool:

Cheerio,
Gary

Henry

Autoexreginated
Col_Pladoh said:
...so I am making notes of all the "must" encounters in the castle levels and dungeons so that if I can't be involved in the creating of them on the intense basis I'd prefer all of the interesting things will be in them nonetheless :cool:

As much as I'm thankful of that, I just now envisioned seeing a finished castle Zagyg in X years, with you as a posthumous credit, and it's creeping me out. :uhoh:

Cheers, and good health!

Henry said:
As much as I'm thankful of that, I just now envisioned seeing a finished castle Zagyg in X years, with you as a posthumous credit, and it's creeping me out. :uhoh:

Cheers, and good health!

Nod, it's creeping me out too, but in a cold chill of respect way of "Wow, Gary really really cares about his work and his fans. What a trooper."

Be well, Gary.

Steverooo

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
The latter. that is the advantage of the pole-arm

::Sigh!:: I LOVED my 1e Spetums!

"C'mere & let me clean out yer ears! I have just the Bohemian Earspoon fer ye!" (Also gets everything between the ears, too!) :p

THEN, mean ol' Gary added the Ranger weapon requirements in Unearthed Arcana, and I hadda wait levels and levels to gain proficiency (GM wouldn't let me do that, without it)!

Just wanted you to know, you bolluxed me up, Gar! (I'm sure that makes yer day!) :p

Last edited:

Zudrak

Explorer
Henry said:
Gary, as much as I'd like to see a certain Castle finished by your pen ;) I also have to say that life's too short to waste it on grinding yourself down. I hope you're enjoying it with good family time, good friends, and good fun...

Now Henry worded what I was trying to say perfectly. My brain decided to major in math, not vocabulary... :\ +5 points to Henry

Henry said:
I just now envisioned seeing a finished castle Zagyg in X years, with you as a posthumous credit, and it's creeping me out.

Points revoked. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads