TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Ciao, Francisca,

Indeed my eyes were distended when James M. mentioned that security band--a command bracelt for sure. The Vigilists, out faction on the old SS Warden have a command ring, but alas, we are now on the new starship :confused:

the con was just great, no? Please do come back for next year's show--and but in anytime. I am there to meet all my fellow gamers who care to make my acquaintance;)

Ernie just dropped in so I must close.

Cheers,
Gary

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:
Ciao, Francisca,

Indeed my eyes were distended when James M. mentioned that security band--a command bracelt for sure. The Vigilists, out faction on the old SS Warden have a command ring, but alas, we are now on the new starship :confused:

the con was just great, no? Please do come back for next year's show--and but in anytime. I am there to meet all my fellow gamers who care to make my acquaintance;)

Ernie just dropped in so I must close.

Cheers,
Gary

Yes, had a great time. I am hoping to arrive early next year, hoping you see fit to offer up some more "front porch" hospitality.

--Rich

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
Yes, had a great time. I am hoping to arrive early next year, hoping you see fit to offer up some more "front porch" hospitality.

--Rich
Heh...

A number of the chaps with families are bound to bring them next year so that thay can enjoy the charms of Lake Geneva, a true tourist trap with plenty to amuse women and children not enthralled by the lure of gaming.

Gail does plan to have another "Open Porch," likely spreading out to the side yard as well if the weather is clement. All there should pray that the weather has been as dry as this year so that the mosquito population is minimal. That way some Yard Guard and bug candles will make the place reasonably safe and enjoyable.

Cheers,
Gary

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh...

A number of the chaps with families are bound to bring them next year so that thay can enjoy the charms of Lake Geneva, a true tourist trap with plenty to amuse women and children not enthralled by the lure of gaming.

Gail does plan to have another "Open Porch," likely spreading out to the side yard as well if the weather is clement. All there should pray that the weather has been as dry as this year so that the mosquito population is minimal. That way some Yard Guard and bug candles will make the place reasonably safe and enjoyable.

Cheers,
Gary

My family enjoyed the beach quite a bit on saturday. Whether they come next year remains to be seen. That's good news about the open porch.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
My family enjoyed the beach quite a bit on saturday. Whether they come next year remains to be seen. That's good news about the open porch.
there is a good water park at Timber Ridge, so the kiddies can be amused even more than is provided by the beach here.

One of the fellows on Dragonsfoot just volunteered to bring some bottles of the red wine vinted in his area, so there'll be a wine tasting next year here on the porch;) If only i could convince Francois Froideval to come over from France with some choice bordeaux and burgundies... :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
One of the fellows on Dragonsfoot just volunteered to bring some bottles of the red wine vinted in his area, so there'll be a wine tasting next year here on the porch;) If only i could convince Francois Froideval to come over from France with some choice bordeaux and burgundies... :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Uh oh, if these EN-oids begin to show up I may have to break out something more their speed - mountain dew spiked with MD20/20, coca-cola and muscatel, thunderbird mixed with Slurpees, etc. :lol:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thedungeondelver said:
Uh oh, if these EN-oids begin to show up I may have to break out something more their speed - mountain dew spiked with MD20/20, coca-cola and muscatel, thunderbird mixed with Slurpees, etc. :lol:
that sounds pretty much like what my crew prefer to drink during game sessions,,,leaving out the cheap wine :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
gary, someone posted this in a thread that i started. any insight?

countgray said:
This guy is maybe the 3rd Demon Prince ever mentioned in D&D in supplement III Eldritch Wizardry (The same one that introduced us to Orcus & Demogorgon). On p.43 in the entry on the Codex of the Infinite Planes, it makes mention of the Demon Prince Nql.

Just a name, no stats, and I don't recall the fiend being mentioned anywhere else ever again.

Such a mystery that the 3rd named Demon Prince in D&D has never been seen again in print.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
BOZ said:
gary, someone posted this in a thread that i started. any insight?
Nql is whatever DMs want him to be. I never developed that partoicular demon. Considering the name, I should think he would have powers of inibriation, sleep, and a false sense of security :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh said:
that sounds pretty much like what my crew prefer to drink during game sessions,,,leaving out the cheap wine :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Hmmm, gaming beverage choices can be amusing. I generally stay away from Coke, even though I love it, because gaming gets me wired already -- I generally can't sleep until 2-3 am after gaming as it is! Lamely, I tend to drink Diet rootbeer -- which has no nothing in it. Sometimes I'll go with Newcastle Brown Ale or Strongbow Cider . . . British stuff seems more medieval to me.

One of my fellow gamers likes to do about a six-pack of Rainer (local Washington State lager, not as good as Bud IMHO), another likes ridiculous quantities of Mountain Dew (like 40 oz.), but most are a reasonable mix of decent beers and soda.

As we've gotten older, we've moved from pizza and chips to carrot sticks and what we call "Scooby snacks" (a type of health food oat cereal). Once in a while, we'll go with Iron Rations -- Oberto beef jerky, Carr's Water crackers (close as you can get to hardtack), and dried fruit. Yummy! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads