TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

lkj

Hero
Col_Pladoh said:
:lol: :eek: :lol:

He was hoist by his own petard...as will be those espousing the mantra of man-made global warming, right soon too I do believe. Carbon dioxide most assuredly does not cause global warming, although global warming does produce more CO2.

Cheerio,
Gary

I suspect you are mistaken. But I'd be very happy if you were right :)

AD

PS: Not trying to start an argument. Just a thought.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thedungeondelver said:

I wouldn't expect there to be too much recanting on that front any time soon, not while there's meeyuns and beeyuns of dollars to be made on cranking out scare propaganda films about the whole affair... :confused:

:D
Yuppers!

Who cares about factual stiff when there's money be be made by exaggeration, lies, and coersion :uhoh:

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
lkj said:
I suspect you are mistaken. But I'd be very happy if you were right :)

AD

PS: Not trying to start an argument. Just a thought.
Heh...

No question that there is global warming, but it has no connection to the carbon dioxide being released by humans.

Like the joke Kyoto Treaty that left our China, India, and Brazil, and not the European Union is virtually abrogating, the hokum about man-made global warming is all political, pretty close to religious dogma now, with dissenters stigmatized and forced to recant.

Oops! No political discussions on this board :heh:

Cheerio,
Gary

lkj

Hero
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh...

No question that there is global warming, but it has no connection to the carbon dioxide being released by humans.

Like the joke Kyoto Treaty that left our China, India, and Brazil, and not the European Union is virtually abrogating, the hokum about man-made global warming is all political, pretty close to religious dogma now, with dissenters stigmatized and forced to recant.

Oops! No political discussions on this board :heh:

Cheerio,
Gary

Well, I don't agree with you-- though my view is perhaps more nuanced than some others. But regardless, I've disagreed with plenty of people that I respect in the past, so I'll leave it at that. As you hint, too much in the political realm for a discussion here (though a shame since I don't really think it belongs as a political issue).

Didn't meant to derail a gaming thread. So game on! Glad that you are so active on the boards these days after the long hiatus. I always enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Take care,
AD

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
lkj said:
Well, I don't agree with you-- though my view is perhaps more nuanced than some others. But regardless, I've disagreed with plenty of people that I respect in the past, so I'll leave it at that. As you hint, too much in the political realm for a discussion here (though a shame since I don't really think it belongs as a political issue).

Didn't meant to derail a gaming thread. So game on! Glad that you are so active on the boards these days after the long hiatus. I always enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Take care,
AD
Right-O!

Do mark my words about carbon dioxide not causing global warming though, for that is the crux of the whole flap.

Cheerio,
Gary

lkj

Hero
Col_Pladoh said:
Right-O!

Do mark my words about carbon dioxide not causing global warming though, for that is the crux of the whole flap.

Cheerio,
Gary

Duly noted, Gary. Duly noted. I hope we can have a discussion about it over a drink some time, after the 'flap' has passed. Whoever is right buys! :D

AD

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
lkj said:
Duly noted, Gary. Duly noted. I hope we can have a discussion about it over a drink some time, after the 'flap' has passed. Whoever is right buys! :D

AD
Done!

Likely I have the edge in that doing that will mean we meet at one of the few cons I attend, orhere in Lake Geneva, though :lol:

Cheerio,
Gary

lkj

Hero
Col_Pladoh said:
Done!

Likely I have the edge in that doing that will mean we meet at one of the few cons I attend, orhere in Lake Geneva, though :lol:

Cheerio,
Gary

Well, I would very much like to meet you some day. I'll take whatever excuse. At the moment I'm mired down in Cali with few opportunities to hit Cons. But I suspect my job situation may move me closer to that part of the country in the next year or so. If it's even close, I'll do my best to make it over your way.

Cheers,
AD

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
lkj said:
Well, I would very much like to meet you some day. I'll take whatever excuse. At the moment I'm mired down in Cali with few opportunities to hit Cons. But I suspect my job situation may move me closer to that part of the country in the next year or so. If it's even close, I'll do my best to make it over your way.

Cheers,
AD
Okay!

If you are close you can join our Thursday evening RPG group here at my place, and/or the boardgaming afternoons at son Ernie's.

Otherwise there are the two Lake Geneva Gaming cons here each year, and a visitor is always welcome :)

BTW son Luke is living near Monterey Bay, and if you are near there, let me know, and I'll send you his email addy. His wife just had a baby, but soon he will be looking for a gaming group, or for players in his own.

Cheerio
Gary

Last edited:

Grew up reading that, thanks to my mom being a sci fi fan, loved the art work and the stories
ken

Col_Pladoh said:
Yes, and I loved the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction all the more because of the Bonstell covers.
Cheerio,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads