TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Filcher said:
Gary,

Thanks for all the years of joy. The world is a better place for your creation.

Of all the Trolls' upcoming releases, which are you most proud of/excited to see released?
My pleasure surely!

That's a difficult question to answer, what you ask about whichamongst the many upcoming releases I am most eager to see. I guess from a personal preference I am likely to most want to have the King of England - King of France boardgame. That means playing again after a long period where it gathered dust as games for five players were not in vogue until recently with the Eurogames. It is fun to play, and I don't have to be game master...or need one to play, and we are playing boardgames weekly at son Ernie's place and often here at my own as well. :D

Cheers,
Gary

SuStel

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
You tinhorn! That took a lot of brass.

Au, I guess I should pick my fights more carefully; you can obviously shovel out more puns than I can, you silver-tongued devil! Pb-Pb-Pb-Pb-Pb-Pb-t! :p

Cu later!

Col_Pladoh said:
You are spot on. In folklore, silver is indeed valued for its proctetive qualities against evil. The use of silver against were-creatures is an example of how it an an inimical metal to creatures of evil, just as cold iron is reputed to be inimical to denizens of the Fairy realm.

Thanks. But what is cold iron, to you? At first, I was thinking it was iron forged and then cast into the snow to crystalize it fast. Then I was thinking something spectacular, like meteor iron or iron formed without heat, using only the skill of burly and very patient dwarves? :\

Or perhaps it's just iron from the Iron Range . . . gets kinda cold up there, I hear.

IMC, there's a metal that's super elvish stuff from ancient times -- sort of an everything alloy, that has all the cool properties rolled into one item. And of course, it glows blue and brightens higher in the presence of orcs and other ancient evils, since I like to steal from Tolkien. :uhoh:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
SuStel said:
Au, I guess I should pick my fights more carefully; you can obviously shovel out more puns than I can, you silver-tongued devil! Pb-Pb-Pb-Pb-Pb-Pb-t! :p

Cu later!
:D

Love the golden exclamation with which you open your reply, nor can I police-up the closing.

A very refined response--lodes of puns therein.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
Thanks. But what is cold iron, to you? At first, I was thinking it was iron forged and then cast into the snow to crystalize it fast. Then I was thinking something spectacular, like meteor iron or iron formed without heat, using only the skill of burly and very patient dwarves? :\

Or perhaps it's just iron from the Iron Range . . . gets kinda cold up there, I hear.

IMC, there's a metal that's super elvish stuff from ancient times -- sort of an everything alloy, that has all the cool properties rolled into one item. And of course, it glows blue and brightens higher in the presence of orcs and other ancient evils, since I like to steal from Tolkien. :uhoh:
AFAIK,

Cold iron is that hammered into shape on the forge without heating. Cold wrought iron.

Cheers,
Gary

SuStel

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Love the golden exclamation with which you open your reply, nor can I police-up the closing.

A very refined response--lodes of puns therein.

You rock! I gravel at your feet. I wonder why no one else has caved in and chipped in a few puns?

gideon_thorne

First Post
SuStel said:
You rock! I gravel at your feet. I wonder why no one else has caved in and chipped in a few puns?

Because these topological forays always get stripped by those who would shaft our fun with more 'serious' delvings :lol:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Now this thread is turning into a mine of puns, some of which are gems--take your pick. That is why I am shoring it up like this...

Cheers,
gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads