• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: Into the Emerald Forest

G

Guest 11456

Eff Flat : Male Warforged Bard 4

As the battle winds down, the musical warforged stops his tune and focuses his full attention on the three men on board the Kolbek's Pride. The two sleeping ones are awake now and Eff Flat has two of his daggers drawn. He covers has the men sitting on the deck with their arms behind their back.

As Erin turns to check on him, the bard nods a quick acknowledgement before returning his full attention to his captives.

Urko

First Post
Searching the patrol boat, continued

Sanae and Xavier search the captain’s cabin thoroughly, but they find no key. The chest is quite heavy and rattles when shaken, as if filled with coin. When Xavier carries it out to the first mate, she withdraws fearfully. ”I don’t know where the key is,” she answers tonelessly. Despite the assurances given by Xavier and Sanae, she seems quite upset to see the chest in their possession. Xavier examines the strongbox closely, but can detect no trap. The first mate echoes Xavier’s words about lizardmen unenthusiastically, her gaze shifting from the strongbox to Sanae’s sword. At this point, they hear Erin call down from the upper deck.

Meanwhlle, Calabas crawls out from beneath the pilot’s chair. Eff Flat notes that his eyes are puffy and his face is stained with tears. The khorovar shifts uncomfortably, then mutters ”Excuse me,” almost under his breath. Without another word he steps off the back of the boat. He does not go far, but fidgets around in the water, always with one hand clinging to the side of the boat. The three soldiers eye him with amazement, but are careful not to move around too much under the watchful gaze of Eff Flat and the growling dog.

Are you taking the strongbox with you? What are you doing with your four prisoners (one on the patrol boat, guarded by ‘he has no name’ and Old Borden, and three on Kolbek’s Pride, guarded by Eff Flat and dog)?

Last edited:

Pebele

First Post
Sanae took a final look around the room before turning to Xavier and the first mate. "Let us leave the chest, Xavier. I am pretty certain it is their pay and we agree we don't need their money. Erin is calling for us, let's be on our way. We still need to transfer the sleeping ones from our boat to this one."

She turned to the first mate, "Thank you for your assistance. I do hope you hold no ill will towards us, I am quite sorry you and your crew had to be caught in the middle of this confusing battle."

After replacing the chest, Sanae led the way back to the deck. Speaking to her comrades she said "Are we in agreement that the soldiers from Kolbek's Pride shall be allowed to return to this vessel? I see no reason to injure them or to leave them stranded."

Harvey

First Post
Erin is relieved as Sanae and Xavier return from below decks. She nods her head in agreement to Sanae's statement. "Yes, yes, yes... let's let them be... whatever reasoning Kajalaketh had for boarding our vessel, I doubt the others share his conviction at this point." She joins the others to return to the Kolbek's Pride.

Yeoman

First Post
Xavier heads back to the upper deck after replacing the strongbox. Xavier calls out to Sanae and Erin once he is topside. "Alright let's get out of here. Let's disarm the prisoners and send them back to their vessel. We'll keep the gear, I'm sure the plantation can use some extra weaponry, and there is no sense leaving hostiles armed."

Bowing to the first mate as he heads back to the Kolbek's Pride, "I'm sure it *would* have been a pleasure to meet you, Miss. Too bad about that." Xavier winks at her as he climbs back down the ladder and begins disarming the guards on deck.

Last edited:

Pebele

First Post
Sanae tilted her head at Xavier's remark to the first mate, then turned her attention to the lone soldier on the enemy ship. "Your weapon, please. I am sure you understand that we cannot leave you armed after you attacked us. Once I have the weapon and my comrades are back on our vessel, we will return your other three men to you. We wish for no further violence." She held her hand out expectantly.

ooc: to speed things along, assuming that Sanae recieves the soldiers weapon, she have Erin, Borden and No Name precede her onto Kolbek's Pride. She will then be the last to board.

Harvey

First Post
Erin listens to Sanae and Xavier's plans, and follows them. She makes sure to grab the crysteel scimitar on Kajalaketh's body.

While boarding the Kolbek's Pride, she whispers to the others "we need some time to compare notes once the others are away..."

Urko

First Post
Departure

Eff Flat and ‘he has no name’ see to disarming and transferring the soldiers while the crew looks on in silence. Finally, the party is ready to disembark. The first mate follows warily to the top of the ladder. She recoils in horror when Xavier winks at her.

Calabas is back in the boat, dripping wet and looking terrible. He looks down shamefacedly and avoids eye contact with his passengers. ”I’m...sorry,” he mutters as he remounts the pilot’s chair. Without another word, he activates the elemental ring and pulls away from the patrol boat. Once clear, he brings your craft up to full speed. The patrol boat is soon lost in the distance behind you.

Unless someone does something truly odd, I will post your arrival at the plantation later this evening. In the meantime, feel free to discuss this recent event amongst yourselves.

Yeoman

First Post
Gathering the group together, Xavier begins displaying the items "liberated" from Kalajeketh's quarters to everyone. Once the group is gathered Xavier speaks. "This is what Sanae and I found in the captain's quarters. We've got an oddly marked set of papers, Kalajeketh's papers to act as an agent of the crown, and this map of Khorvaire. The marks on the papers don't mean anything to me, but can any of you make sense of them? The map has certain cities marked in different colors, but again it's meaningless to me. What about the rest of you? Any thoughts on what happened here?"

Harvey

First Post
Erin

OOC: Making sure that Calabas is distracted, so he cannot overhear our conversation.

"Well, that was an unusual patrol, though I believe it to be linked to our 'late night visitor'." Erin places her hands to her chest, making sure that the prophecy and the rubbings are intact. "The captain of the patrol boat was, I believe, was some sort of evil kalashtar. They are a race from Sarlona who are said to be possessed by extraplanar creatures. These creatures come from the plane of Dreams. This would explain his dying comment: 'See you in your dreams...' Both the ankle bracelet and the scimitar he held are common amongst psionicists, which the kalashtar are said to be. Plus, Rierdan crysteel, which is what the scimitar is made from, is said to have the ability to focus psionic abilities. I have also noted that the materials construction of the bracelet and the scimitar seem somewhat similar to the crystal alarm and the wand which we were given... all seem to carry some sort of psionic functions."

Erin breathes a heavy sigh "So, I believe we are stuck in the middle of some sort of conflict between good and evil psions. What are their end goals? I do not know. Perhaps is has something to do with the prophecy. Sanae, you said that you did not feel evil from our late night visitor Aldinis, right? Maybe she is on one side of the conflict, while Kajalaketh is on the other. One thing we know for sure... we are the pawns."

Erin looks through Xavier & Sanae's finds. "Well, it looks like Kajalaketh was truly Rierdan, and not someone trying to pass as official. Both this letter and the material of his weapon confirm this. As for the map, I recognize a fewof the cities, Newthrone and Sharn especially. I have no idea why the different colors. Red... green... blue... black... maybe they refer to items in those locations? Or people? Or possibly which side certain agents in this conflict can be found. Sorry, I am at a loss..." She turns to Xavier "Did you find anything else in his chambers?"

Erin's eye fixes on the unfamiliar script which seems to consist of circle surrounded by swirling embellishments. She wracks her brain to see if this seems familiar.

Her thoughts are interrupted by another thought: "What about Calabas? He seemed to act a bit suspicious during the boarding. Did you see him act guilty when we were boarded? I am not sure I trust him..."

OOC: Urko, The unfamiliar script: is it a language or a symbol? Is it something that comprehend language would decipher, or something I can make a knowledge check on?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads