Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - Announcement Trailer

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror on gog.com

Jeff Vogel of Spiderweb Software, him of Avernum and Avadon fame, has come out with a brand new game (instead of just remakes of the old ones).

On his Twitter he is saying that this will be mechanically completely different from his previous games. Also that he chose the older style perspective to be able to easily port the game to iOS. So, yes, it's coming out to Windows, Mac and iOS.

Release date is said to be at the end of september, with iOS later this year. Honestly I don't remember how well his estimates have previously worked out, but it sounds like he's getting there.

Personally I've always been a fan, so my opinion is biased, but I'm really hyped for this. His graphics might not blow anyone away, but the gameworlds are always massive and full of interesting things to do.

Kaodi

Hero
Years ago I probably would have been more excited but I sort of game up on Spiderweb after the second Avernum remake. Maybe depending on how it turns out I will take a look at it though. I have always liked the premise of the original Exile, and it was something RPGs could have iterated more on.

Remove ads