[QuestCore] QuestCore - RPG GENERIC SYSTEM

Megaton Games

Explorer
Megaton Games is a small game company that are currently working on the RPG system "QuestCore". It will first be released as a stand alone generic system and as part of a fantasy RPG with the working title "QuestCore: Fantasy RolePlaying Game". A kickstarter project is soon to be announced...

Here are the basic highlights of QuestCore:

* A generic game system inspired by Savage Worlds, True20, D20/D&D3.5 och D&D4/D&D5 to mention a few.

* Uses a single d12 as the only dice.

* The system is able to build most races and "classes" that are common to most fantasy rpgs, horror rpgs and sci-fi rpgs. The players and the game master builds everything with the same system - paladins, dragons, troll witches and jedi knights!

* The game system is loosely based on d20/DnD3/4/5 but is very streamlined (everything skill based, much faster battles, no classes, only one d12 as dice, builöd all races and classes from scratch, fewer skills).

* Uses skill checks for most things (attacks, damage rolls, magic attacks, etc).

* All creatures are built from attributes, skills and abilities ("abilities" are special abilities, race features, feats etc).

* Simple and tactic fights with choices without turning into a simulator.

* Expandable by adding more abilities.

* The magic system follows the same basic skill/ability system.

Hope you will enjoy QuestCore!
Megaton games

P.S. beta soon available...

Skytheen

Explorer
Interesting preview. Thank you.

It all is very clear except for the section for Advantages and Disadvantages. Having trouble wrapping my mind around that concept. Is there a way to expand upon that point?

Last edited:

Skytheen

Explorer
Do you suppose there will be a character sheet available soon? Looking at a character sheet always helps me grok a system. Thank you.

Megaton Games

Explorer
Interesting preview. Thank you.

It all is very clear except for the section for Advantages and Disadvantages. Having trouble wrapping my mind around that concept. Is there a way to expand upon that point?

Thanks for the comment! We will see if we can clarify or more examples.

Remove ads