Question about a feat

Karmashock

First Post
I got this item in a DnD and I am wondering if I can use this feat to get a bonus to my weapon. And if so... how much can I push this?

Does this only address the Keen, thundering, merciful, and ghost touch qualities or does it address more?

By my calculation the buff to enchantment should be something between +4 ~ +11

Can I get some ruling on that?

==============================================================================

Weapon Manipulation [General]
Requirements: Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, BAB +4.

Benefit: You may activate the special abilities of a weapon that you have Weapon Focus in as a free action. As a swift action, while wielding a weapon that you have Weapon Specialization with, you may choose to suppress, restore, or transfer some or all of a weapon's special abilities in order to increase or decrease the weapon's enhancement bonuses. The transferred special abilities must remain as the same enchantment bonus power.

For example, you have a +1 flaming longsword. You could suppress the flaming ability to make the weapon act like a +2 longsword. Any changes that you make to the weapon last until you change the weapon again, or someone else wields the weapon.

=================================================================

Longsword - +4
Glows with a purpleish-black aura
Keen, Thundering, Merciful, Ghost Touch.

Intelligent.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
60 ft. darkvision and hearing
· Like a character, an intelligent item speaks Common plus one language per point of Intelligence bonus. It can communicate telepathically with the wielder.
Item can use hold person on an enemy 3/day
Item has 10 ranks in Diplomacy
Item has 10 ranks in Intimidate
Item can use dimensional anchor on a foe 1/day
Item can use cure moderate wounds (2d8+3) on wielder 3/day
Intelligent Item Purpose
Defeat/slay all (other than the item and the wielder)
Special Purpose Item Dedicated Powers
Item can use dimension door on itself and wielder

Dandu

First Post
Where is this feat from?

Just going by what you've posted, it seems to refer to weapon enhancements, allowing you to turn them on or off in order to gain an equivalent bonus to your weapon.

Karmashock

First Post
Where is this feat from?

Just going by what you've posted, it seems to refer to weapon enhancements, allowing you to turn them on or off in order to gain an equivalent bonus to your weapon.
I've seen it in a few different books and it is referenced as a legit feat by a few different websites.

Anyway... what was your verdict on the enchantment bonus? By my first read of the effect... it should be +4... but some other people thought it might be as high as +11.

delericho

Legend
As written, it would just be the keen, thundering, ghost touch, and merciful qualities. None of the others have an equivalent enhancement bonus, so would count as +0.

DanD wiki mixes balanced, unbalanced, official and homebrew with no distinction; or did, last I had checked. It must be noted, though, that the official 3.5 books did two of those things as well.

delericho

Legend
DanD wiki mixes balanced, unbalanced, official and homebrew with no distinction; or did, last I had checked.

That's not entirely true - I was able to ascertain that the feat in question was in their homebrew section by following the "3.5e homebrew" link, then "Character Options", "Feats", and "General Feats". Weapon Manipulation is listed in there - it's a homebrew feat.

That's not entirely true - I was able to ascertain that the feat in question was in their homebrew section by following the "3.5e homebrew" link, then "Character Options", "Feats", and "General Feats". Weapon Manipulation is listed in there - it's a homebrew feat.
It is entirely true. Last time I had checked there was no such distinction. The fact that the last time I checked was some years ago, does not change the truthfulness of my statement.

:p :)

(My bad)

Remove ads