• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about elemental energies on weapons

Drachenherz

First Post
OK, in the DMG you have Flaming, Icy, etc... auras, as well as bursting. In Magic of Faerun you have Elemental Aura (all elements on same weapon in one spell, each must acxtivate seperate), and in the Epic HB you have Blasting weapons. including Elemental Blasting (all 5 in one). My question is: WHY IS THERE NO ELEMENTAL BURST?!?!?! They made the basic Elemental Aura, and then Epic level Elemental Blasting, yet someone forgot to include Elemental Burst. The cost is easy to figure out (+2 hihger than the singular, individual effects), as is the effect. So, why is it not there? Maybe this will spark them to include it officially so we do not have to homebrew it, even as easy as it is.

Drachenherz

First Post
I'm gonna have one deuce of a time getting the GM to allow it; he despises anything non-canon, and even then bans tons of stuff. I was merely making a gripe, wondering why WotC "forgot" to put this in their books, since they did put in the lower and higher powered versions. Maybe someone at WotC will see this and say "Holy crap! *FWAPs forehead* How did we miss this?! OOPS!!! Let me fix it now!"

Remove ads