• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about "Seas of Blood"

Doc Century

First Post
We are starting up a seafaring campaign very soon, and I understand there is a Buccaneer prestige class in "Seas of Blood". Does anybody know what the requirements for this are? I plan on buying the book eventually, but I need to make up my character before I'll probably get the chance.

Thanks!
Doc

Doc Century said:
We are starting up a seafaring campaign very soon, and I understand there is a Buccaneer prestige class in "Seas of Blood". Does anybody know what the requirements for this are? I plan on buying the book eventually, but I need to make up my character before I'll probably get the chance.

Thanks!
Doc

BAB: +3
Ability Score: Charisma 13+
Skills: Balance 6 ranks, Swim 6 ranks, Tumble 6 ranks

The Buccaneer class is a 10 level Prestige Class, with one class ability at each level. Skill points per level are 4 + Int modifier.

[edit - fix typo]

Last edited:

Doc Century

First Post
Thanks!

Thanks, Barendd!

Sounds like a pretty easy class to qualify for. If you don't mind me pestering you again, are the class abilities fairly good? I'm not looking for a combat machine or anything, just a good solid class for playing a ship-captain somewhere down the line.:)

Doc

Re: Thanks!

Doc Century said:
Thanks, Barendd!

Sounds like a pretty easy class to qualify for. If you don't mind me pestering you again, are the class abilities fairly good? I'm not looking for a combat machine or anything, just a good solid class for playing a ship-captain somewhere down the line.:)

Doc

All of the abilities revolve around the ship. For example, some help sailing based skills, such as +2 to Climb while on board a ship (1st level ability Shipboard Climbing) and +2 to all Seamanship checks (4th level ability).

And at 3rd level, the Buccaneer can uses his "Witty Repartee" ability to lower an opponent's morale (-2 to attack). This is the one ability that is not to being on a ship.

Remove ads