• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about the flying movement

Pangias

Explorer
ok when you fly your speed is 90". But is it your speed for a single move or your total move for the round?

Example Arth the magus is flying. He decides to runaway from Vranthis (yes we are currently playing in rttToEE a great scenario)
taking a double move.....does he move 90" or 180"? Since the spell description states that your move is 90" i would rule that if you take a double move you move 180" but it seems to me overpowered (in 1 round you are out of range of most of the spells, you increase by 2 RI the arcs and so on...)

How do you rules it? Thanks guys....

Pangias

Explorer
So you can move 90" and cast a spell. I found this overpowered and unbalanced if you compare with flying speeds of monsters, base move of a monk and all the movement effect.

I think i will house rule double move = 90".

MythandLore

First Post
Pangias said:
So you can move 90" and cast a spell.
Yep.

Pangias said:
I found this overpowered and unbalanced if you compare with flying speeds of monsters, base move of a monk and all the movement effect.

I think i will house rule double move = 90".
Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Pangias

Explorer
I had a huge discussion about this with one guy i play with. We are both masters.

In fact the trouble come from Boots of Striding that 2* your base move. So a barbarian will go as fast as a Flying Wizard. What annoys me is the fact that this boots are a must buy at mid level. The difference is too important if you have theim or not.

So i m thinking a way to avoid this fact.

godfear

Explorer
Fly & Run

I believe that in the spell description for Fly, you can take a double move (180') but not a run action while flying. Last time I read it anyway. There is more than one reason Transmuter's rule.

tarkin

First Post
Correct - you can not "run" with fly.

Nor do boots of springing and striding or the spell expeditious retreat help.

But you can Haste yourself up to move 90*3= 270

and/ or fly down, which has a faster speed.

Basically there are three types of speeds:

20 and under.

30-50

and over 80

Lots of things can easily do >80

Remove ads