Question about the flying movement

Pangias

Explorer
ok when you fly your speed is 90". But is it your speed for a single move or your total move for the round?

Example Arth the magus is flying. He decides to runaway from Vranthis (yes we are currently playing in rttToEE a great scenario)
taking a double move.....does he move 90" or 180"? Since the spell description states that your move is 90" i would rule that if you take a double move you move 180" but it seems to me overpowered (in 1 round you are out of range of most of the spells, you increase by 2 RI the arcs and so on...)

How do you rules it? Thanks guys....

Pangias

Explorer
So you can move 90" and cast a spell. I found this overpowered and unbalanced if you compare with flying speeds of monsters, base move of a monk and all the movement effect.

I think i will house rule double move = 90".

MythandLore

First Post
Pangias said:
So you can move 90" and cast a spell.
Yep.

Pangias said:
I found this overpowered and unbalanced if you compare with flying speeds of monsters, base move of a monk and all the movement effect.

I think i will house rule double move = 90".
Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Pangias

Explorer
I had a huge discussion about this with one guy i play with. We are both masters.

In fact the trouble come from Boots of Striding that 2* your base move. So a barbarian will go as fast as a Flying Wizard. What annoys me is the fact that this boots are a must buy at mid level. The difference is too important if you have theim or not.

So i m thinking a way to avoid this fact.

godfear

Explorer
Fly & Run

I believe that in the spell description for Fly, you can take a double move (180') but not a run action while flying. Last time I read it anyway. There is more than one reason Transmuter's rule.

tarkin

First Post
Correct - you can not "run" with fly.

Nor do boots of springing and striding or the spell expeditious retreat help.

But you can Haste yourself up to move 90*3= 270

and/ or fly down, which has a faster speed.

Basically there are three types of speeds:

20 and under.

30-50

and over 80

Lots of things can easily do >80

Remove ads