WOIN [Question] Boxer and "Rope-a-dope"?

Drekin

Villager
Hello
Drekin is still here, now with more questions.

Regarding this exploits from N.O.W. Core book:
Rope-a-Dope. You allow your enemy to attack you, fooling him into believing he is winning. You allow the enemy’s next two melee attacks to strike home, choosing to receive the damage; after the second attack, you respond with a melee counterattack which does bonus damage equal to the damage he dealt you.

There's a lot, so in list form
1. Since you choose to be hit, does that mean the attacks don't roll against DEFENSE? If yes, does that mean you cannot SOAK these attacks?
2. If fighting multiple enemies, do damage from 2 different enemies count or just from the "counter attacked" target when calculation the damage the exploit deals?

Please advise
Drekin

kingpin000

Explorer
1. You decide to let the enemy hit you, but the Soak should still apply because its passive and not active like the attack action.
2. A boxing match is usually 1vs1, so it should only apply after two attack from the same enemy.

Hello
Drekin is still here, now with more questions.

Regarding this exploits from N.O.W. Core book:
Rope-a-Dope. You allow your enemy to attack you, fooling him into believing he is winning. You allow the enemy’s next two melee attacks to strike home, choosing to receive the damage; after the second attack, you respond with a melee counterattack which does bonus damage equal to the damage he dealt you.

There's a lot, so in list form
1. Since you choose to be hit, does that mean the attacks don't roll against DEFENSE? If yes, does that mean you cannot SOAK these attacks?
2. If fighting multiple enemies, do damage from 2 different enemies count or just from the "counter attacked" target when calculation the damage the exploit deals?

Please advise
Drekin

Seeing this I realize I may need to pick this game up

Drekin

Villager
What he said.
What about this rule then?

N.O.W. Core rulebook p. 84 [...]Soak only applies to attacks which target Melee or Ranged Defense (not Mental Defense), with the exception of Soak that specifically works against psychic or psionic damage.[...](edited)

O.L.D. Core rulebook p. 80 [...]Soak only applies to attacks which target Defense (not Mental Defense) except for Soak which specifically designates psychic or psionic damage. [...]

This is why I though you wouldn't be able to SOAK it. If you still can SOAK the damage from the attacks, then is the "return" damage calculated based on the damage you take before or after SOAK?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yes, the attacker needs to be making a melee attack with an attack type that can be soaked. I assumed that was implicit in the question. :)

Drekin

Villager
Yes, the attacker needs to be making a melee attack with an attack type that can be soaked. I assumed that was implicit in the question. :)
Is the "return" damage calculated based on the damage you take before or after SOAK?

If he deals you 10 damage per attack and you have SOAK 5, do you then do 10 or 20 bonus damage in return?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases