WOIN [Question] Psionic exploits and scaling

Drekin

Villager
Hello
Drekin is staying around

This time my players asked about some Psionic exploits referring to PSI and some to PP.
Mind shield (requires WIL 6, PSI 6). You shield your mind from psionic intrusion, gaining +4 MENTAL DEFENSE +1 per 5 PSI until your next turn.
Mind shield would cost 6 PP to use and give a +5 MENTAL DEFENSE if you had PSI score of 6?
Mind shield would cost 6 PP to use and give a +6 MENTAL DEFENSE if you had PSI score of 10?

Mind shield (requires WIL 6, PSI 6). You shield your mind from psionic intrusion, gaining 4 MENTAL DEFENSE +1 per 5 PP until your next turn.
Mind shield would cost 6 PP to use and give a +5 MENTAL DEFENSE if you had PSI score of 6?
Mind shield could cost 10 PP to use and give a +6 MENTAL DEFENSE if you had PSI score of 10?

Which is correct? PSI Scaling or PP Scaling?
Please advise
Drekin

Last edited:

I'm curious where you're seeing the two different versions of this exploit. My PDF only lists one version of Mind Shield.

Mind Shield (requires WIL 6, PSI 6). You shield your mind from psionic intrusion, gainint 4 MENTAL DEFENSE +1 per 5 PP until next turn.

So, according to the rules as far as I can see, the ability costs, at base 6 PP. At this level, it grants 4 MENTAL DEFENSE. For every 5 additional PP it grants +1 more.

11 PP = +5 MENTAL DEFENSE
16 PP = +6 MENTAL DEFENSE

Drekin

Villager
The first is from the reference document:

The second is from the v1.2 N.E.W. book.

And I know this system is undergoing revision all the time, so I asked

The first is from the reference document:

The second is from the v1.2 N.E.W. book.

And I know this system is undergoing revision all the time, so I asked

Ah. I believe Morrus has said a time or two that the reference document needs updating. The book and errata are right if there's a conflict.

Belisarion

Explorer
I'm curious where you're seeing the two different versions of this exploit. My PDF only lists one version of Mind Shield.

Mind Shield (requires WIL 6, PSI 6). You shield your mind from psionic intrusion, gainint 4 MENTAL DEFENSE +1 per 5 PP until next turn.

So, according to the rules as far as I can see, the ability costs, at base 6 PP. At this level, it grants 4 MENTAL DEFENSE. For every 5 additional PP it grants +1 more.

11 PP = +5 MENTAL DEFENSE
16 PP = +6 MENTAL DEFENSE
If I unterstand a post from Morrus in this thread correctly, the initial 6 PP already include the first +1 per 5 PP raise, thus:
6 PP = +5 MENTAL DEFENSE
11 PP = +6 MENTAL DEFENSE
@Morrus , did I get your statement right?

Remove ads