• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions about Spellfire

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Agreed- its never seemed out of balance to me. The mere fact that enemy spellcasters use a lot of area effect spells to nail as many people in the party at once reduces the spellfire's effectiveness.

OTOH, coupled with the Spellfire Wielder PrCl, its pretty handy for draining magic items the party has no use for and getting something in exchange.

digitalboy75

First Post
Since this thread has been resurrected...I'd like to hijack it and ask for feedback. I'm currently working with a character concept of a Warforged in Eberron, who is a magical battery. This is for a low level, yet very high powered campaign so there is a bit of power gaming involved. Also there's some roleplaying background involved with the magical battery concept, so that's crucial.

What are general takes on the concept of using the warlocks eldritch blast to charge my own spellfire?
Yes, its metagaming and power gaming. What would be required to do this? My GM doens't like the bit about requiring a 'ready action' to absorb energy, so we're toying with the idea of a feat that allows the energy to be absorbed with a free action (as any Quick Spell Like Ability etc would allow). There's still a hard limit of how much energy I can absorb, store, and release.

Also an an aside...eldritch blasts are pretty comparable to a spellfire blast in the most general terms, and they don't seem to be very overpowered. Shorter range, but no saving throw after they hit, limited damage max; but charge up required before battle.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads