• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Sheath

generalhenry

First Post
Quick Sheath
Prerequisite: Quick Draw, Dex 15
Benefit: You can sheath a weapon as part of the same action used to
attack with the weapon.
You also gain a +4 feat bonus to initiative checks.

Last edited:

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Far too powerful for Heroic tier, and a bit redundant. I would simply allow Quickdraw to sheath/draw a weapon as part of an action and eliminate the feat all together.

Although, this may be a good Paragon-level feat if you absolutely wanted to impliment this. However, I would not allow it to be stackable with Quickdraw for the initiative bonus.

shinobi_guyver

First Post
I could see a feat like this:

Quick Strike
Prerequisite: Dex 14
Benefit: You can draw and store a weapon (or an object stored in a belt pouch, bandolier, or similar container, such as a potion) as part of the same action used to attack with the weapon or use the object. You also gain a +3 feat bonus to initiative checks.

erik_the_guy

First Post
They wouldn't take improved initiative. Ah, well, I guess I don't really have any problems with this feat, it's just not one I would take...

As a potential replacement for Improved Initiative, I don't see a problem for it. I certainly don't see how it's "too powerful for Heroic tier", when Imp. Init. is Heroic tier, and this costs you two Feats to get the exact same bonus (Feat bonuses don't stack, afaik) and a small bonus side-effect.

David Sid

First Post
I would just revise Quick Draw as follows:

Quick Draw
Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: On your turn, you can draw a weapon, retrieve an object, sheathe a weapon, or stow an object as a free action.

Last edited:

erik_the_guy

First Post
I would just revise Quick Draw as follows:

Quick Draw
Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: On your turn, you can draw a weapon, retrieve an object, sheathe a weapon, or stow an object as a free action.

So if you can pick up an infinite number of items, sheath them all, and draw them all again just to show the DM that the rules don't apply to you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads