D&D 5E Qustions on undead warlock spirit form.

ECMO3

Hero
The verbiage from spirit form is below but I have a lot of questions on it:

1. "Replicating your game statistics": Is this replicating your statistics the moment you cast it or your base statistics? If I do it with 1 hp and no spell slots does it have 1 hp and no spell slots or does it have my full hps and full spell slots.

2. Does the spirit concentrate on the spells it casts?: Using the spirit uses my concentration, does that mean the spirit can concentrate on its own spells?

3. Does the spirit use my spell slots when it casts a spell or does it have its own?

Your spirit can become untethered from your physical form. As an action, you can project your spirit from your body. The body you leave behind is unconscious and in a state of suspended animation.

Your spirit resembles your mortal form in almost every way, replicating your game statistics but not your possessions. Any damage or other effects that apply to your spirit or physical body affects the other. Your spirit can remain outside your body for up to 1 hour or until your concentration is broken (as if concentrating on a spell). When your projection ends, your spirit returns to your body or your body magically teleports to your spirit’s space (your choice).

While projecting your spirit, you gain the following benefits:

• Your spirit and body gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
  • When you cast a spell of the conjuration or necromancy school, the spell doesn’t require verbal or somatic components or material components that lack a gold cost.
  • You have a flying speed equal to your walking speed and can hover. You can move through creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain, but you take 1d10 force damage if you end your turn inside a creature or an object.
  • While you are using your Form of Dread, once during each of your turns when you deal necrotic damage to a creature, you regain hit points equal to half the amount of necrotic damage dealt.
Once you use this feature, you can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.

. Any damage or other effects that apply to your spirit or physical body affects the other.
This covers it. Your spirit form and your physical body share the same hp. Since using spirit form doesn't heal your body, if you have 1 hp when you use the ability your spirit form has 1 hp.

Since this is your current stats, we can deduce that it does not restore spell slots either.

The spirit form is your character in a different form, it is not a summons.

Remove ads