D&D 5E Race/Class combos discussion Thread

Weiley31

Legend
Oo, that sounds like great flavor/fun. I'm playing a dwarven Rune Knight in an online game and about to multiclass from a Human Giant Soul Sorcerer to Rune Knight in a level or two in another online game.

I guess I'm just a sucker for the runes :)

I'd really like to play some of the new UA subclasses from the psionics, but what I really want to play is

Wood Elf:
Twilight Cleric

Human:
Wildfire Druid

Ya and I'm using the UA Warforged race as an advanced prototype model of Warforged that was made but.nevwr used during the Last War. Rune Knight can be flavored into it's prototype tech and stuff.
And his main phrase before fighting a boss or main rival?

"I am forged for war, not words!"
Draws Eldritch beam saber from the intergrated saber dock in his back.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
Some ideas I've wanted to try:

Dragonborn Eldritch Knight multiclassed with Sorcerer. I like gish type characters and what better race to meld together martial and magic prowess than one descended from dragons? Going into sorcerer brings the balance closer to 50/50 and allows you to use Charisma for spellcasting. Just be sure to only take spells that don't use spellcasting ability when leveling as Elrditch Knight.

Eladrin Fiend Warlock. I like the idea of an eladrin that once lived in the faewild and considered it paradise, but then under some circumstances were forced to the material plane. Once there they were disenfranchised so they do what all disenfranchised people do and join a cult. From there they become an unapologetic servant to a fiend.

Weiley31

Legend
I'd like a chance to run a Tabaxi Gloomstalker in an urban campaign using the UA Ranger upgrades.

Or I could just write the plot of Cats into a module and everyone can play a Tabaxi. Big Tabaxi, little Tabaxi, Tabaxi that climb on rocks, the whole schmozzle. Not the stuff of nightmares at all.
OR you could use the rules for cats, which comes out this month.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Yeah, I'll take a hard pass there on both counts. I can only imagine the people you'd get if you posted a notice at an FLGS looking for people interested in a feline (or canine) TTRPG. It beggars the imagination.

Not that aren't probably some very nice folks who'd be interested, just to side step any talk of gates and who keeps them.;)

Weiley31

Legend
Yeah, I'll take a hard pass there on both counts. I can only imagine the people you'd get if you posted a notice at an FLGS looking for people interested in a feline (or canine) TTRPG. It beggars the imagination.

Not that aren't probably some very nice folks who'd be interested, just to side step any talk of gates and who keeps them.;)

Hey I got no probs with a Rune Knight/Path of The Beast Grey Wolf slaying demons with his Black Cat Warlock companion.

Dark Souls approved.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site

Now, now. Just embrace your inner furry. I'm sure there are many who have said "Yeah, I'll take a hard pass...I can only imagine the people you'd get if you posted a notice looking for people interested in playing elves and dwarves!"

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer

We actually played that (or something similar, it had pregen-ed dog minis and character sheets, and used the base 5e rules), and it was actually quite a bit of fun.

Remove ads