• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Race/Class combos discussion Thread

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Mark of Finding Half-Orc Artillerist Artificer, with a staff and pistol canon, shocking grasp, and lots of ray spells. Grab Enhanced Armor and Goggles of Whatever they’re called reflavored as a helmet. Pick up Spell Sniper, War Caster, and eventually a homunculus. DnD Mandolorian. Just needs an airship.

Bugbear Cobalt Soul Monk.

Bugbear Cavalier, with a lance.

Halfling Paladin With a Lance and eventually a Celestial Dire Corgi mount.

Gnome BM Ranger. Just a classic badger gnome.

Goliath Ancients Paladin, with a big ass stag helm.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I have actually run two Werewolf the Apocalypse game based on CATS! - (with bastet - housecat tribe)
they were wonderful convention games. the first one was CATS the Apocalypse - where the cats either had to stop the apocalypse .. or maybe just take a nap in the sun.
The sequel was KITTENS the Ascension. where one cat was nominated as the chosen one... it was more closely tied to the "Plot" of the musical. both had cameos of Werewolves and Mages, and an optional vampire encounter.
- erm side note, I have run Dungeons and Doggies for my kids group, and the Cats&catacombs KS is on order. the group of 11-12 yr olds want to do that one too.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
VHuman Artificer/Artillerist. Why? Boba Fett baby, that's why.

You (eventually) have customizable armor, a blaster, a flamethrower, a grapple gun, limited flight ability, a thermal detonator. and a night vision helmet. It's not super optimized, but I'd play it in a heartbeat.

Maybe with the Heavily Armored to buff the Beskar narrative.

Edit - nvm the limited flight, that's from the alchemist.

Last edited:

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
There's also this character I've tried to build in the past and kind failed but I think if I had the chance I know what I would do: Human Rogue with the Charlatan background and Magic Initiate: Cleric as bonus feat. Charlatan identity is some sort of traveling priest, go Arcane Trickster for more magical effect, grab Thaumaturgy and Guidance as Cantrip (or maybe Light or Mend) and a single use of Cure Wounds (or Bless) as your level 1 spell. Grab Expertise in Deception and lie as much as possible

That would actually be a really fun twist on the well-known "Thief with Healer Feat" combo. You could refashion your healer's kit into a flashy collection of fake "holy relics", and disguise healing potions as "holy water draughts" that your religion requires people to drink as part of that god's healing rites.

One of my current campaigns has a somewhat similar character, only with more Cleric. He's a Charlatan Trickery Cleric who represents himself as a priest of whatever god is most convenient for the situation. He has a rotating selection of dozens of holy symbols to select from, which we joke are on a huge janitor keyring.

He's been highly entertaining so far.

(As an aside, Pathfinder actually had an entire region/religion with accompanying Sorcerer archetype and Prestige Class built around a similar concept. They were arcane magic users who approximated divine magic, and were the pretend clergy of a pretend God-King who was actually just a really powerful archmage.)

Last edited:

Remove ads