Races in my world

Lanliss

Explorer
EDIT: Used to be the Dwarves post, but progress in my world has led to me Axeing the Dwarves from the list. I know, Blasphemy.

Last edited:

Lanliss

Explorer
Hiven

An intellectual species, capable of sharing their knowledge across vast distances, and some say even across different Planes, through a massive structure in the Astral Plane. Little is known about the Hiven, their Origins being one of the ultimate facts they search for, but it is known that they live for Thought, and the idea of not thinking is their worst fear.

Subraces
This is where I have questions. should I do a bunch of subraces, or should I just do a single race with Variant abilities depending on their Hive? I do not think the race will be separated by physical characteristics, but will instead have various skills depending on their school of thought.

Lanliss

Explorer
psst, @doctorbadwolf

Drakar Draft

Dragonborn of Koledarion take the Clan ideal to an extreme. Extremely spread out and territorial, it is unlikely to see more than one type of Drakar in a given area. They are also notable for their staunch belief that Dragons were created by stealing souls of Drakar, and so hold a terrible animosity towards the great beasts. While the actual behavior of a Clan is dependent on their surroundings, most Drakar are considered less intelligent than their neighbor races, and mostly beings of raw power over thought.

Note: I will be filling out each Clan's place in the world, starting with the Black Drakar that live in the Forest, where my players started. Also, Drakar is pronounced Drake-Are.

Black Drakar
These Drakar are notable among the rest for their acceptance of a Green Dragon. They found her as a wyrmling, pitiful and broken, and none of the hunting party had the heart to strike her down. After healing her, she promised to defend them and their people for the time they have given her. This gave them thought over the years, that maybe Dragons and other races are not so bad. Now, years later, the Blacks represent a safe, though somewhat uncivilized, haven within the Forest, and often give the wrong idea of the race to those who are not knowledgeable about Drakar. Many a traveler hopes to see LongSpan flying overhead, a sure signal that they are defended from the more deadly threats.

Last edited:

Remove ads